• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

ME training evening for UK medical professionals and the guidelines for doctors

Countrygirl

http://www.rcpch.ac.uk/system/files/protected/course/NICE clinical guideline 53.pdf

http://www.rcpch.ac.uk/events/eveni...syndrome-management-and-treatment-adolescents

The first link above is the document from NICE that instructs doctors on how to manage people with ME. I note that some of the most beneficial treatments are forbidden, of course, and those that damage are recommended. Nevertheless, there are some positive aspects to this: it is recognised as a genuine condition, despite references to 'beliefs' :ill:; severe ME is acknowledged and it is recommended that hospital admissions should be 'planned' , but only in consultation with the patient. There is no reference to sending in the heavy mob to batter one's door down, dragging the bedbound patient out by force, holding them down and jabbing them with anti-psychotics. Neither is it recommended that food is withheld unless they cook it themselves nor, amazingly, is insulting the patient considered to be efficacious. There is no reference to state-sanctioned child abuse either, nor even throwing paralysed children into swimming pools to find whether they can save themselves, so we must be grateful for small mercies............I guess. :bang-head:

The second link is an invite for medical professionals to attend a training evening on 21st May where they will be advised on how to diagnose ME and apply the wondrous PACE discovery that GET and CBT are the most dangerous efficacious treatments for the disease.

C.G.