The Power and Pitfalls of Omics: George Davey Smith’s storming talk at ME/CFS conference
Read about the talk that stole the show at a recent ME/CFS conference in Simon McGrath's two-part blog.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

OT: [London 21/5/14] Evening of Evidence: CFS Management and treatment in Adolescents

Discussion in 'Latest ME/CFS Research' started by Esther12, Mar 26, 2014.

1. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member

http://www.rcpch.ac.uk/events/eveni...syndrome-management-and-treatment-adolescents

As it's adolescents, I wonder if they'll have more quackery from Crawley along the lines of her claim that PACE showed 30-40% recovered with CBT and GET. I couldn't see who was speaking, but we can be pretty confident that it's someone happy to hype CBT and GET rather than really look critically and honestly at the evidence.

2. Valentijn

Valentijn Senior Member

Someone could go to find out :whistle:

Esther12 likes this.
  3. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member

Not sure if this was online previously:

The PACE paper is still uncorrected for the bullshit claim that an SF-36 PF score of 60 is the mean minus 1 sd for the UK working age population.

So patients are still being classed as 'back to normal' even when they report lower levels of physical functioning than was required for them to be classed as having severe and disabling fatigue at the start of the trial.

Would be nice if someone there did ask about the refusal to release the PACE outcome measures in the manner laid out in the trial's protocol, and the inaccurate claims made to justify deviation from the protocol:

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/pace_trial_recovery_rates_and_po

Valentijn and Dolphin like this.
  4. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member

See more popular forum discussions.