• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

ME patients protest coverage of threat allegations

People are waking up to media propaganda and that plays into patients favor moving foward. However, as the propaganda becomes less effective, it will might lead to more bold manuevers. (more awards? :eek: )

Regarding rules that are difficult to influence: One has to understand for the type of dysfunctional system to exist, it requires much support. So it says something about the others involved in supporting this dysfunction. (many people supporting the dysfunciton are manipulated and deceived to some extent in my opinion. Once they wake up, they can help fix the system from within; talking about government in general)

It took a long time for the system to be subverted to the extent it is now. It might take a few years to get it back.

When Jean-Jaques Rousseau talks about the social contract (the agreement between the state and citizen), he mentions that it is built on mutual benefit, between both state and citizen, and amongst citizens

250,000 sick people in the UK (a figure that implies 'it could be you') means that a cure is of mutual benefit. Rousseau also points out what is perceived as mutual benefit is manipulated, in that sense, if 250,000 can be cured by exercise, nobody needs to worry about them.

Which makes control of PR so important (and obviously why it is happening).

That pretty much leaves you with two courses of action (not necessarily exclusive of each other)

1) Re-elevate the pursuit of a cure to a more urgent status

2) Identity those to whom the continued pursuit of a cure remains of mutual benefit to (despite all PR) and employ every positive strategy that supports this pursuit

Course One is exceedingly difficult, and none of us appear to have a powerful media lobby group in our back pockets. Also course two does a pretty awesome job of making course one a lot easier.