Link to Primer
Link to Primer
Dear Members, Colleagues and All who are interested in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome,
On behalf of the board of directors of the International Association for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (IACFS/ME), I am pleased to announce the release of the ME/CFS Primer for Clinical Practitioners. (ME/CFS and CFS/ME are equivalent terms.) The goal of the Primer is to provide the information necessary for clinicians to understand, diagnose, and manage the symptoms of ME/CFS. The text was developed over two years by the 11-member Primer Committee and externally reviewed by a number of international ME/CFS specialists and advocates.
Highlights of the Primer include:
The full Primer document is available on the IACFS/ME website (Link to Primer)in a printer-friendly format with a requested donation of $15 to help continue the work of IACFS/ME. We hope you find the Primer to be a useful adjunct to your practice and a worthy companion to your reference library.
- A summary of the pathophysiological effects of ME/CFS to date
- A user-friendly diagnostic worksheet utilizing the Canadian Consensus Criteria
- Straightforward treatment suggestions covering an array of ME/CFS symptoms
- Emphasis on post-exertional malaise and activity management
- Sections on special populations/ problems (e.g. severely affected, pediatric ME/CFS, pregnancy)
With best regards,
Fred Friedberg, PhD