• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Me/Cfs mold and environmental sensitivies locations effects

Davsey27

Hello everyone,

Just curious for those of you who are sensitive to mold and other environmental toxicants what are some of the cities/towns in the US where you felt notably better in,an effect that wasn't just a short term change in scenery?

Thank You

Strawberry

There is a map in existence that shows a good poll on this. Unfortunately I can’t remember the ladies name…. Hopefully someone else here can chime in. She is a member here, but I don’t think she’s active anymore. Lisa???? Someone help? I do think it’s more mold based than toxin, but interesting none the less.

My personal thoughts is that we are all different. I feel better in clean slight humid air than humid or arid. I definitely have toxin issues, not sure about mold.

What climates and regions have you tried?

Booble

It's a bit of a trick question or rather trick answer because there is a phenomenon where sometimes you'll feel great in a new area ..... until you acclimate. That's why you can feel terrific when you go on vacation or visit an area only to find out once you live there that it is mold/allergy hell for you.

I can say one area that was very bad for me was when I visited San Diego. I'm not sure why since it's kind of desert.

I also ran into problems in Maryland while on a business trip but I think that maybe it was the house we were staying.

I live in a tropical rain forest where you can practically watch the mold grow and yes I'm sensitive to mold. On the plus side on a good day if you stand in just the right places the fresh breezes are incredibly clean.

vision blue

@Booble You live in a tropical rain forest??? I didn't know. Want a neighbor?
(and why do you think it is on the once you acclimate you feel worse?)

@Davsey27 - YOure the guy that felt better for a while half way round the world on some island paradise or something? that's cool. searching for the next one? I find this issue really fascinating.
I've had one place where i always felt better than expected and two where I felt worse, all three were repeated several times so don't think was a coincidence. One,= where i felt worse= was a place in priciniple i loved. I've considered moving there now, but the memory of being sicker every time i want there tells me maybe not the smartes thing to do, so i didn't pursue it. All 3 were unpredictable for me - i didn't - and still don't - know what it is about the places that made me react strongle . Most of rest of places i've been are just in between.

Booble

Yes. And yes.
We could keep each other company when our hearts are racing and we're blinded.

I only heard of that phenomenon not too long from several people who felt great on vacation and then moved to the location only to be back to square one. Not sure if it's legit or not. And from my own experience, it was so delightful when I moved to this island from the other island. Fresh air. No crap in the air.....woopsie.

vision blue

Yes. And yes.
We could keep each other company when our hearts are racing and we're blinded.

I only heard of that phenomenon not too long from several people who felt great on vacation and then moved to the location only to be back to square one. Not sure if it's legit or not. And from my own experience, it was so delightful when I moved to this island from the other island. Fresh air. No crap in the air.....woopsie.

Island?? And before tgat another island?? Are you putting me on? Maybe paying me back for making fun of your sales talent in motivational speeches to
Wolfiness...?

Maybe moving to nice places stimulated opiate receptors for a while?

Booble

Island?? And before tgat another island?? Are you putting me on? Maybe paying me back for making fun of your sales talent in motivational speeches to
Wolfiness...?

Maybe moving to nice places stimulated opiate receptors for a while?

haha no, I assure you I'm telling you the truth.

Davsey27

@Davsey27 - YOure the guy that felt better for a while half way round the world on some island paradise or something? that's cool. searching for the next one? I find this issue really fascinating.
I've had one place where i always felt better than expected and two where I felt worse, all three were repeated several times so don't think was a coincidence. One,= where i felt worse= was a place in priciniple i loved. I've considered moving there now, but the memory of being sicker every time i want there tells me maybe not the smartes thing to do, so i didn't pursue it. All 3 were unpredictable for me - i didn't - and still don't - know what it is about the places that made me react strongle . Most of rest of places i've been are just in between.

Yeah still searching.It seems that some locations seem to be better than others but nothing has really moved the needle that much.Here in the US at least