• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

ME/CFS Crossword Puzzle

sometexan84

I made an ME/CFS crossword puzzle... because, why not. :D Feel free to give it a shot. I'd say Difficulty Level: Hard (up to "very hard")

Here's the link: https://crosswordlabs.com/view/mecfs-4

New/Updated version: https://crosshare.org/crosswords/QUeQYj277NDHn3CCkyzv/me-cfs
(remade it, this one's much better!)

1659490553875.png

Last edited:

lenora

Hello @sometexan84......A little time on your hands, huh? I haven't tried, but will when I actually find time when I'm still thinking.

Do you compose crossword clues for a living? I'm always rather taken with brains that are capable of such thinking. When did you discover this skill and are there any particular shortcuts to solving one? OK...lots of questions, but @Howard refers to me as the The Interviewer. Well, I don't mean it that way....it's just the way my brain works. How do you learn a lot? By asking a lot of questions, so I do.

Are you enjoying our hot weather? I live in Dallas, and expect August to be hot. Like everyone else, it's just one of those things. I'll have a go at the crossword later, I promise. Good that so many have worked it. Yours, Lenora

sometexan84

A little time on your hands, huh?
I try to incorporate fun, stress-free things in my day. If I'm extra tired and/or stressed, I'll spend a lot more time doing stuff like this, watching tv shows, etc. I often will ignore everything else until I feel like I'm back to a solid state, even if it means spending hours playing a video game or randomly making a crossword puzzle :rofl:

Hopefully, this strategy has helped a little, in maintaining my "mild-to-moderate" status. But who knows.

sometexan84

Do you compose crossword clues for a living?
That'd sure be a neat job! But nah... if I did it for a living, I'd imagine I wouldn't have misspelled 10 Across, where the 2nd letter is supposed to be an "O"... not an "A".... :headslap:

I'm always rather taken with brains that are capable of such thinking. When did you discover this skill and are there any particular shortcuts to solving one?
This was not as difficult as it looks. This is from a generator, where I just input the words and clues, and it configured the layout for me.

One of my latest relaxing / de-stressing hobbies has been crossword puzzles. So wanted to try and make one. Thought it would be fun.

This particular one actually breaks some crossword puzzle "rules", like how you're supposed to have every word connected to both a down and an across word. Hopefully my 2nd try will be better.

Anyone that wants to try, just go to a site like this w/ a generator... you just input the Answers and Clues... it'll do the rest for you! Not much skill needed doing it like this.

Are their shortcuts? Yes. Ask @Hip for answers, lol. I'd imagine he'd be the only one that could maybe solve this w/out cheating (Googling). Actually, @Thebirdman333 is impressively rocking through it quickly

Last edited:

Rufous McKinney

I made an ME/CFS crossword puzzle... because, why not. :D Feel free to give it a shot. I'd say Difficulty Level: Hard (up to "very hard")

yes VERY hard,.

You've impressed me.

I now discover that I won' t be spelling crosswords going Down.

Oh, I tried to enter the first word, going down and thought I was correct and got busy being unable to see the word correctly spelled, in the down direction.

New incompetency to add to list: no down answers for crossword puzzles,.

sometexan84

How do you learn a lot? By asking a lot of questions, so I do.
This ^^^^^^^ :heart::star::fire:

This has been my belief and something I've lived by for many many years!!

I respect people that ask lots of questions, as well as those that admit when they don't know things.

Similarly, I distrust those that are opposite, that claim to know everything.

Are you enjoying our hot weather? I live in Dallas, and expect August to be hot.
OMG it's nuts! 102 F right now!