• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

ME/CFS and the UK Post office scandal.!!

ruben

Whenever I hear talk on the news in UK about the post office scandal, it always makes me compare the plight of ME/CFS sufferers with them. The years of dismissal and totally not listened to. And for many our distress has lasted much longer.

lenora

What is the scandal? I've never heard anything about it. Sorry that you're both affected. Yours, Lenora

ruben

Many in UK who ran post offices were accused of fraud when the problem was actually an I.T. system error. A bit like us who've it's been suggested aren't ill

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
What is the scandal?
I had to look it up too. https://www.bbc.com/news/business-56718036

Many in UK who ran post offices were accused of fraud when the problem was actually an I.T. system error. A bit like us who've it's been suggested aren't ill
It's absolutely crazy that the government there just took that story and ran with it and were not willing to change courses at all at any time just to say, "Um...maybe we were wrong about this since it's happened to so so SO many employees."

???

Same with this disease. It's a lunacy on their part. Honestly. At some point you would think they would question what they've assumed but nope.