• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

ME awareness hour

I would like to invite all ME/CFS patients here on Phoenix Rising to join us on Twitter for ME awareness hour.

Every Wednesday at 8 PM London time, patients from all over the world join forces to raise awareness of ME/CFS by simply tweeting about it, using the hashtag #MEawarenesshour.

The main idea behind it is to get ME/CFS trending on Twitter, get the word out about the illness and help patients connect.

I think online presence is one of the most powerful assets of the ME/CFS community, so this could be an easy way to raise awareness.

Hope to see you all on Wednesday!

1579558162410.png

It's ME awareness hour tonight at 8PM London time on Twitter! Hope you can all join us.

I suspect many patients will like the experience because there's a feeling of brotherhood and a connection with other patients, a bit like when you go to an actual demonstration.

It’s MEawarenesshour tonight at 8PM London time. Hope you can all join us.

Some patients counted the number of tweets per MEawarenesshour and it seems that we’re getting bigger and stronger every week. Hope to break a new record tonight!

1580302536017.png

It's MEawarenesshour again today.

Last week the hashtag was trending in the UK. Patients could see it on number 24 in the trending list on their Twitter account.
1581528230544.png