• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

MAYO CLINIC ON XMRV: March 04th Talk in Sacramento

hensue

Yes since I am xmrv positive and husband is hepatitis c positive. I keep wondering if there is an association I am not one of your brilliant Science tech minds. He would have never none if his blood test had not come back with liver enzymes high.
I am neg for hep c and so is family.

Thanks you smart ones for keeping us updated.
Cort Thank you for this board.

Thank you, Doogle!

They did a human prostate cancer study. 159 samples of prostate cancer tissue (grade 5-7), and 201 controls were tested for XMRV. 4.5% were XMRV positive in PC tissue. 2.5% were XMRV positive in prostate tissue controls .

Is this further evidence, then, that XMRV is present in a few percent of healthy controls? It seems to me to fit in better with the Science paper and the Japanese study than with the UK and Dutch papers, but maybe I a missing something since people are not commenting on it. I know this was tissue and the other papers are blood tests. I dont remember if the previous prostate papers (Silverman etc) also tested healthy controls.

hensue

Doogle
Thanks so much!
What did he mean about the inderect association of hepatitis c and H pylori?

flybro

I have a friends that's hep c, and we have quite a few symptoms in common.

Thank you for this Doogle, and nice to meet you.

Doogle

Is this further evidence, then, that XMRV is present in a few percent of healthy controls? It seems to me to fit in better with the Science paper and the Japanese study than with the UK and Dutch papers, but maybe I a missing something since people are not commenting on it. I know this was tissue and the other papers are blood tests. I dont remember if the previous prostate papers (Silverman etc) also tested healthy controls.

Yes, I believe it supports that there is some range of asymptomatic people positive with XMRV. There could also be some ME/CFS patients included in the normal prostate control samples. It would be an interesting retrospective study.

I don't believe the previous prostate papers tested controls.