• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

mattress pain

Shoshana

Northern USA
If it is at all possible, I think it is worth getting the best padding and mattress for yourself, that you can manage and afford. It doesn't take all my pain away or cure my illness, but it makes a difference in my life, I know.

I feel grateful for it.

Rufous McKinney

I got a 100% natural, latex mattress with bamboo cover I think: its GREAT. I sleep SO MUCH BETTER on this bed. Made in Chicago, USA even! It was worth it: around $800. It came in a box.

junkcrap50

I got a 100% natural, latex mattress with bamboo cover I think: its GREAT. I sleep SO MUCH BETTER on this bed. Made in Chicago, USA even! It was worth it: around $800. It came in a box.
What's the name? I've been searching for a latex mattress.

Rebeccare

Moose Enthusiast
I also use a latex mattress. They're pretty comfortable if you like a firm mattress, and they're also very hardy (they can stand up to a person lying down most of each day without getting too dented).

Has anyone tried those adjustable sleep number mattresses? I'm curious about those.

junkcrap50

I also use a latex mattress. They're pretty comfortable if you like a firm mattress, and they're also very hardy (they can stand up to a person lying down most of each day without getting too dented).
This is important, because I bought a new mattress, and it was worn out and giving me back pain after 1.75 years. But since I was staying in bed for 20+ hours per day, the mattress was more like ~5 years, which unfortunately is when mattresses begin to be replaced.

gbells

Improved ME from 2 to 6
One thing I love about my 15 year old Sleep Number mattress is that I can adjust the firmness. When I lose weight I need it firmer (number 60). If I am heavier or in a lot of pain I need it softer (30). You can't do that with memory foam. It also has a 20 year life.

You can find many Sleep Number beds available Used on Ebay and the company sells spare parts if something is broken. They also have sales. I purchased my bed for $700 as a demo on sale.