• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Mass Spectronomy Testing

Jackb23

Had a Mass spectronomy tests done on 751 metabolites and these were the things that were atleast 2 SD away from the norm. Tbh, while I’m going to research all of these, im not quite sure what any of them completely indicate so any help would be useful.

Attachments

• BC271EC8-1E0B-415D-A124-7FC0D27C04E5.jpeg
    BC271EC8-1E0B-415D-A124-7FC0D27C04E5.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 26

wigglethemouse

You probably want to read the Fluge/Mella, Naviaux, and Armstrong metabolic papers.

Do you supplement with D-Ribose? - That would correlate with ribonate (ribonolactone)? Can you recognise any other supplements?

Research 1st

Severe ME, POTS & MCAS.
Had a Mass spectronomy tests done on 751 metabolites and these were the things that were atleast 2 SD away from the norm. Tbh, while I’m going to research all of these, im not quite sure what any of them completely indicate so any help would be useful.

Hi.

Well correct me if I'm wrong but did you just get a Metabolon test done? :jaw-drop: If so, you must be the first on the forum or one of the first, either way thanks for sharing your results. I love it when patients share their results as it gives me a real sense of hope one day all our work having to be our own doctors, will pay off.

The following stood out for me on the bottom of your test result form although I can't say if it's clinically important or just 'there'.

sphingomyelin (d18:2/18:1)

If my battered brain is right, this is linked to a current area of biomedical CFS research.

Jackb23

Hi.

Well correct me if I'm wrong but did you just get a Metabolon test done? :jaw-drop: If so, you must be the first on the forum or one of the first, either way thanks for sharing your results. I love it when patients share their results as it gives me a real sense of hope one day all our work having to be our own doctors, will pay off.

The following stood out for me on the bottom of your test result form although I can't say if it's clinically important or just 'there'.

sphingomyelin (d18:2/18:1)

If my battered brain is right, this is linked to a current area of biomedical CFS research.

Yes, it was metabolon. To be honest, they are quite stingy on releasing your own results to you because the technology is so new and they have several patents in the works. They weren’t even allowed to speak with me and I had to have my Dr. reach out to them to coordinate everything. With that said, for how intricate their technology is, I didn’t not receive that much information back other than that they told my Dr. “I looked relatively healthy,” and the two sheets I posted on this forum. I am going to keep reaching out to them and pushing for more info.

Back