• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Martha Kilcoynes 8 step protocol.

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
Hi, i am just wondering if anyone has tried following Martha Kilcoynes 8 step protocol as outlined in her book. What she says about allowing your body enough rest to heal makes sense, although i have been ill for a lot longer than her and also have had remmissions and a gradual or lifelong onset, so not sure if her case was very different to mine.

Anyhow, just wondering what feedback others have who have tried it or have thoughts on it. I have started keeping a diary and slowing down and resting more, which is giving me very mixed results so far. Also i am struggling to find my healing level of activity as it seems to be getting less and less, and yet when i try to sleep the extra hours a day as she suggests i find i cant sleep.

Just hoping for a bit of support/advice. Thanks.

Sallysblooms

P.O.T.S. now SO MUCH BETTER!
Rest is very important of course. We also have to have a doctor that understands what supplements body needs, blood testing for nutrients etc.

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
well, as i am in the u.k and out of work, i am afraid there is no chance of that.

Sallysblooms

P.O.T.S. now SO MUCH BETTER!
I'm sorry. The best thing then, is to get all of the rest you can and eat superfoods. Lots of nutrients. Veggies, fruit etc.