• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Making money online with CFS?

Davsey27

Hello,

I was wondering if there is a way for someone with Moderate CFS to make money online ?I can do about an hour or two a day before PEM from mental exertion.I had an idea of trading stocks with intuition and light analysis vs detailed technical analysis.

I also applied to english tutoring for foreign students in a classroom setting . Not sure how working with this population for a few hours would affect brain fog and pem but i figure i try given my financial situation. I do have a Bachelor's degree in Health Sciences before CFS and without the help of parents in the Us i would be close to homeless here in Mexico

If anyone may have any other ideas i would greatly appreciate it

Thank You

Last edited:

xebex

when i had mild ME/CFS i was able to teach English online, it was a great way to make money and i did it for 2 years, but over time it became too much. I ended up moderate/severe due to other factors as well, not just the teaching. I think it is a perfectly valid pursuit but warn that serious pacing would need to be undertaken as its pretty challenging mentally and even emotionally, i had some odd students, and awkward situations! id recommend using italki.com and only teaching in 30minutes blocks with 30minutes rests.

AnnieT

I used to work from home for a company called Leapforce as a search engine evaluator. Basically rating websites and other tasks. You log on when you want and it was about £10 an hour (gbp) . You can apply there and also Appen.

Anyone in the uk ..... I know a company who do online mystery shopping... ok for bit of extra money. I don't do any of these things now.

Davsey27

when i had mild ME/CFS i was able to teach English online, it was a great way to make money and i did it for 2 years, but over time it became too much. I ended up moderate/severe due to other factors as well, not just the teaching. I think it is a perfectly valid pursuit but warn that serious pacing would need to be undertaken as its pretty challenging mentally and even emotionally, i had some odd students, and awkward situations! id recommend using italki.com and only teaching in 30minutes blocks with 30minutes rests.

Thanks xebex

I appreciate it.I checked the site and it seems they are not hiring for english.Do you happen to know anywhere else where one can work 30 min blocks without a tutoring certification?
thank you

xebex

@Davsey27 you're welcome, that's a shame italki isn't taking on more English teachers. I'm not sure of any specific sites that allow you the freedom that italki does, but here's a good blog with a list of some other sites that i have heard of on my teaching journey. Another thing would be to check out language exchange sites, there may be people wiling to pay through those sites but it's more like a kind of craigs list for languages rather than a set up platform.

https://www.goatsontheroad.com/teach-english-online/

Marylib

I'm looking for something I can do online so that I can afford to be online! Such as proof-reading or ghost-writing.

Last edited:

AnnieT

Sites like fiver.... you can list services for leaving comments on blog posts or offer writing or proofreading. Don't try an compete with the lowest prices... people will pay more if English is your first language, and you may have qualifications etc.