• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Majority of nicotinamide mononucleotide (NMN) supplements contain virtually no NMN!

Hip

An analysis of 22 nicotinamide mononucleotide (NMN) supplement products found that 64% had no NMN in them at all, or just a tiny amount, less than 1% of the figure stated on the label.

In the list below, the NMN products at the top of the list contained more or less the amount stated on the label. But the products further down in the list had less than 1% of the amount on the label, or in some cases no NMN at all.

Nicotinamide mononucleotide analysis.png

Source: here.

A year or two ago I bought the NMN MAX product to try, which this analysis indicates has virtually no NMN inside it.

I experienced some mild but peculiar mental health side effects from this NMN MAX product, which I assumed was due to NMN. But now I realise it was due to whatever is chemical is actually in the NMN MAX capsules (it would have been something other than NMN).

junkcrap50

Good analysis. All the brands with no NMN are brands only found on Amazon, and therefore likely junk supplement brands.

Jarrow is the only brand I recognize, and it's a large supplement brand/manufacturer. I would only buy brands of supplements that supplement-only online retailers like Vitacost, Puritan's Pride, iHerb, VitaminShoppe, GNC, etc. sell.

Alvin2

The good news is patients don't die the bad news..
Damn.
Mine WAS on that list unfortunately :mad:

NMN MAX - Got a bottle about 9 months ago. Did not feel well, so stopped taking it. Can't remember the specifics. Have the bottle in the unused supplements cabinet. :(
I guess its good to know in a way but frustrating as hell finding out its junk. Now if you want to try it again you need to buy a legitimate brand,. Assuming you can afford it (for me that would be a no i can't) :bang-head:

ZeroGravitas

Ahh. I was about to retry my NMN Plus that did nothing for me 18 months ago. Guess I'll just bin it directly and buy anew from Nutropics Depot (or Jarrow, etc).😅

Thank you kinda Hip, great information. :thumbsup:

cheeseater

Good analysis. All the brands with no NMN are brands only found on Amazon, and therefore likely junk supplement brands.

Jarrow is the only brand I recognize, and it's a large supplement brand/manufacturer. I would only buy brands of supplements that supplement-only online retailers like Vitacost, Puritan's Pride, iHerb, VitaminShoppe, GNC, etc. sell.

NOW is another brand I trust. A reputable company that offers no nicotinomide mononucleaotide. Curious why people are using something with only anecdotal evidence of benefit? What benefit? Nicotinic acid is highly underated and commonly available.

Last edited: