• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Maitake mushroom drops

Sallysblooms

P.O.T.S. now SO MUCH BETTER!
Hello, I am new here. Does anyone take Maitake mushroom drops for the immune system? I have been on it for a couple of months.

Jerry S

Hello, I am new here. Does anyone take Maitake mushroom drops for the immune system? I have been on it for a couple of months.

Hi Sallyblooms,

A warm welcome to the Forums! I've been taking a blend of Maitake and Shitake mushrooms for about a year in hopes of boosting my immune system. I was never able to see much difference with it.

I recently started AHHC, which is derived from mushrooms, instead and beta glucan to improve natural killer (NK) cell function. It's still too early to tell if it's helping. AHHC is very pricey for me :eek:, so I may switch back to a cheaper mushroom blend.

Best wishes,
Jerry

cfs since 1998

I have been taking AHCC and Beta Glucan as well for about two months, not really soon enough to tell if they are working though. At the Prohealth presentation, Dr. Judy Mikovits suggested that supplements that help NK function might be of help to us, and that there are some that have been through Phase I trials. She didn't mention any names of products but I am pretty sure she was talking about AHCC, which as been through Phase I. I believe it is made with Maitake and Shiitake mushrooms using a proprietary process.

Jerry here is a place you can buy AHCC at a pretty good price:
http://www.betterhealthinternational.com/productDetails.asp?prodID=N3035
(It is 2 oz. in bulk, which is 56g--compared to most sources which are 30g in capsules for around $45.)

Sallysblooms

P.O.T.S. now SO MUCH BETTER!
I can tell that my glands are less swollen and throat is better. Allergies do this to me. The only difference I want to see is preventing colds, flu and fighting the EB virus down some. Usually, you won't know what it is preventing and that is just fine.

I like the Proboost Thymic Protein a powder too.

Thank you for the welcome!

Jerry S

I have been taking AHCC and Beta Glucan as well for about two months, not really soon enough to tell if they are working though. At the Prohealth presentation, Dr. Judy Mikovits suggested that supplements that help NK function might be of help to us, and that there are some that have been through Phase I trials. She didn't mention any names of products but I am pretty sure she was talking about AHCC, which as been through Phase I. I believe it is made with Maitake and Shiitake mushrooms using a proprietary process.

Jerry here is a place you can buy AHCC at a pretty good price:
http://www.betterhealthinternational.com/productDetails.asp?prodID=N3035
(It is 2 oz. in bulk, which is 56g--compared to most sources which are 30g in capsules for around $45.)

That is a good price for AHHC! iHerb is about 30% more for the NOW Foods powder.

Thanks for the tip, cfs!

jeffrez

I take cordyceps and get a strange kind of boost from that I think. I don't know if it's affecting the immunity, but it definitely seems to affect neurotransmitters in some way. This is Jarrow brand; I didn't get the same psycho-stim effects from the hepapro version (from Dr. Zhang the liver guy at hepapro.com), which actually seemed to be better and of higher quality, but didn't give the subjective benefits (small as they are).

alice1

I just started the AHHC and am waiting for an order of the Maitake mushrooms .These are what my naturopath doc recommened after she read my blood work from Dr Klimas.
And they aren't cheap is right!!!!!