• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Magnesium: Type and Dose

I‘m trying to find a good magnesium supplement. I was under the impression glycinate was a good choice.
However I want to make sure I’m getting one that is not contaminated with arsenic (which seems common).

I bought one on iherb and later found out it was not recommended on labdoor website due to arsenic content. Having a hard time finding a pure, easily digestible tablet (Already have loose bowel motions And digestive issues).

Would be nice to find one that has been independently tested and shows results. Do not want anything that is likely to cause digestive issues. Been searching a lot but seems finding a good quality magnesium Without elevated arsenic and can be purchased or sent to Australia is much harder than expected.

Does anyone know of a particular product which meets this?

thanks!

@Learner1

I noticed in another unrelated and very old thread you mentioned magnesium glycinate to someone but to be careful with magnesium supplements due to arsenic.

As per my post above I have been trying to find a magnesium glycinate supplement without arsenic for a while but not having any luck. Do you have any specific recommendations hopefully with independent testing done to prove free of contamination.

I think pure encapsulation is suppose to be a reputable brand but they do not ship to Australia regardless of what online store I check. Also I’m not certain it is free of contamination either as I have not seen any certification or testing. Seems much harder than I would have thought!

Many thanks!