• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Lyme without initial symptoms?

Is it possible to present with mid-to-late-stage Lyme if one never had initial symptoms -- e.g. no EM and no flu symptoms when bitten?

Also, what methods did you use to attribute you symptoms to Lyme instead of a viral infection (especially when considering that the most Armin and Igenex tests have been shown to be of doubtful quality)?

5vforest

Here are some incident rates for early Lyme symptoms:

Screen Shot 2021-01-04 at 12.54.46 PM.png

This is from the MyLymeData research study: https://www.lymedisease.org/mylymedata-lyme-disease-research-report/

Hope this helps.

I first went to a Doc in 2017 with the symptoms I now understand to be ME/CFS. He did a battery of tests, including 9 vials of bloodwork to check for such things as heavy metal poisoning. The only thing to stand out were two markers for Lyme. I never noticed any bullseye rash, nor anything else that is normally associated with Lyme.