• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Low neutrophils

tinacarroll27

Hi all! Would appreciate any advice about my recent complete blood count results. Everything was normal and fine except my neutrophils, which were low. My neutrophils are 0.82 x109/L and the normal range according to the Lab is 2 - 7.5 x109/L. I do seem to catch infections easily and I take forever to shake them off.

I have looked up all possible causes such as b12 and folate but they are all fine on my last blood tests. Going to get copper tested but I eat liver which is high in copper so I doubt this. I have tested positive for EBV in the past and I also have subclinical Hypothyroid as well but not autoimmune. Are low neutrophils a thing with ME?

Last edited:

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Hi all! Would appreciate any advice about my recent complete blood count results. Everything was normal and fine except my neutrophils, which were low. My neutrophils are 0.82 x109/L and the normal range according to the Lab is 2 - 7.5 x109/L. I do seem to catch infections easily and I take forever to shake them off.

I have looked up all possible causes such as b12 and folate but they are all fine on my last blood tests. Going to get copper tested but I eat liver which is high in copper so I doubt this. I have tested positive for EBV in the past and I also have subclinical Hypothyroid as well but not autoimmune. Are low neutrophils a thing with ME?

Not uncommon in cfsme. Can indicate some sort of infection or recent infection. 90% of my blood tests show I'm neutropenic. Follow up blood work to investigate possible causes don't show anything other than current or recent infection. I think they googled the same thing I did and put it in the pathology report lol.