• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Low heart rate and chills - is there a link?

I was diagnosed with ME in March and, after reading the forums here, took the advice of wearing a HR monitor. I have been trying to pace myself by keeping within my estimated anaerobic threshold.

Usually my resting heart rate is in the 80s or 90s (although it does jump around quite a lot).

However, this morning I had my first bout of the chills since wearing the heart rate monitor - goosebumps, feeling cold, feelings like someone walking over my grave and cold hands and feet. And my resting heart rate was low - in the 60s and often dipping into the 50s quite often.

I was just wondering if anyone else had experience of these symptoms coinciding and if they know of how they are linked?