• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Loss of Motivation

pattismith

@Wishful ,

When I stopped my hydroB12 injections, and B1 suplementation, I quickly went down the hill and dark thoughts came back, with no motivation for anything. I went back to take both and was better the very next day! I think it's more HydroxoB12 injections that are so powerful on me, but cannot yet swear on it.

Hey guys just discovered something from a friend on PR. She try NADH so I just ordered some and took it. I actually feel a tiny bit more motivated. Not much but it's something at least.

Some people are doing well on NADH, but some are doing better with Nicotinamide Riboside (NAD+ precursor, in my case it works much better!), and some are better with other B3 vitamin forms, so you will have to find the one that best suits you

Last edited:

boombachi

Would motivation be a useful emotion when you are unable to carry out the activity. I have a fluctuating baseline of energy. When I am moving towards having more energy I will often experience a day or two of seemingly increased energy without motivation.

I used to get annoyed with myself for not getting all those little jobs done that had been piling up. What I realise now, is that if I rest on those low motivation days it will lead to increased energy and motivation in a couple of days. Below a certain level of energy, motivation isn't something I even think about. For me it's that inbetween stage when I think I should be motivated but probably have not charged my batteries enough yet.

MAOAr297r

@Wishful ,

When I stopped my hydroB12 injections, and B1 suplementation, I quickly went down the hill and dark thoughs came back, with no motivation for anything. I went back to take both and was better the very next day! I think it's more HydroxoB12 injections that are so powerful on me, but cannot yet swear on it.

Some people are doing well on NADH, but some are doing better with Nicotinamide Riboside (NAD+ precursor, in my case it works much better!), and some are better with other B3 vitamin forms, so you will have to find the one that best suits you
Oh thanks for sharing all that! I'm going to try all those options.

Wishful

For me, supplemental B12 caused suicidal moods. B3 was even worse. B1 had an initial slight reduction in other symptoms, but that faded. B2 caused a slight increase in symptoms.

Motivation when I'm not feeling up to doing things is a minor annoyance. Lack of motivation when I could do things is more annoying.