• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Loss of libido while on GcMAF?

serg1942

Hi guys,

I am preparing my next visit with KDM for July 19th, and one of the symptoms I will report is loss of libido.

It's not a complete loss, but quite noticeable. is this happening to anyone else?

In my particular case, I don't mind at all, as my social life is zero (I'd even say it is welcome!:angel:). But it can be interesting if this were something usual, as it could mean that our bodies are producing less testosterone in order to prevent XMRV from replicating?

I'll let you know what KDM tells me about this. Maybe I measure my testosterone levels... Are they reliable in blood unlike other hormones?

Thanks,

Sergio

vli

My ignorance--I did not know testosterone increased XMRV replication, I only knew progesterone did. I must say I remember Sushi reporting feeling the opposite effect within weeks of starting GcMAF (+ maybe someone else?). But the question is how would GcMAF achieve this? Bearing in mind that GcMAF increases macrophage. How exactly would GcMAF affect testosterone production?

serg1942

Well, GcMAF activates the immune response. When the immune system finds a retrovirus that grows with certain hormones, maybe there's an strategic response of the body lowering those hormones... I don't think we know which hormones make XMRV grow, if any... But libido in men is not only dependent on testosterone, but also on other "female" hormones...

I don't know, I was just throwing out this idea, to figure out whether this is just a coincidence, or rather is a pattern, and if so, to try to figure out what mechanism could be behind...

S.

Dan_USAAZ

Well, GcMAF activates the immune response. When the immune system finds a retrovirus that grows with certain hormones, maybe there's an strategic response of the body lowering those hormones... I don't think we know which hormones make XMRV grow, if any... But libido in men is not only dependent on testosterone, but also on other "female" hormones...

I don't know, I was just throwing out this idea, to figure out whether this is just a coincidence, or rather is a pattern, and if so, to try to figure out what mechanism could be behind...

S.

Hi Sergio,
I do not think it is coincidence, but this is just my opinion. I have a couple comments in regard to testosterone levels, the first of which relates to those not on GcMAf and the second is a possible theory as to what might be taking place in the male body when undergoing GcMAF treatment.

Many male ME/CFS patients report very low testosterone levels, me included. I have read theories that the low levels are the result of the bodys survival mechanism. By reducing testosterone you potentially slow the replication of the virus. I have not seen any scientific literature to support this.

I have also read from more scientifically legitimate sources (too tired to footnote) that the testes, prostate and seminal vesicles are likely reservoirs for XMRX cellular integration. I would speculate that this XMRV integration could cause dysfunction of these organs which would result in lower testosterone levels, among other side effects. The XMRV integration into male sex organs also leads me to my next comment.

For males undergoing GcMAF treatment, our immune systems may now be doing battle with our own sex organs. If XMRV has integrated into these organs, they may now be under attack by activated macrophages. This would especially be the case if the XMRV integrated into these organs went from a latent to active state. If this is taking place, I would guess our sexual functioning would be impaired, at least for a while. This is just speculation on my part.

I do not have a science background, but thought this sounds logical, based on what I have learned about XMRX and GcMAF. I welcome others to support, shoot down, correct or propose other theories.

Best of luck with your treatment.
Dan

serg1942

Hi Dan, thank you very much for your message. Yes, it makes sense to me too, although I am not an expertise either Well see how this progresses. Out of all the rest of symptoms, and because of my situation, its not something that bothers me, but I think it could give us some important clues

Ill continue reporting on my sexdrive then! :cool:

Sergio