• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Looking very aged and gaunt when CFS symptoms flare up+bad skin...do other people experience this?

Rufous McKinney

And eye makeup never hurts,

Eyes intolerant of any makeup here. Eyes a mess. How do women wear eye makeup? I have no idea. My eyes are inflammed and watery and makeup is impossible, let alone cannot see to put any on.

Toss: look pretty out the window.

Juanita Vee

Thanks for the makeup suggestions! It would be nice to toss looking pretty out the window... or at least keep the pretty and toss the extra work out the window! ;) I'd actually really like to keep the pretty, haha!

Wilderbessy, is there something else of your appearance you like and can focus on and enjoy and be thankful for? Maybe you have beautiful-coloured eyes! Don't listen to other people's opinions if they're negative. Try and stay away from toxic people!!

Rufous McKinney

Wilderbessy, is there something else of your appearance you like and can focus on and enjoy and be thankful for?

Since some of us live in Pajamas and permanent loungeware: during my occasional trips out: I tend to dress up more than normal people. Meaning: I put on a cute shirt, not jeans, a jacket (lately it been abnormally chill).

So this helps perk me up during my brief trips: out.

And I got the cutest coat in a thrift store, red, spring coat, for $4.00. Its really fun to wear the red coat.

Continued exertion after using up my small energy reserves causes my face to become incredibly haggard. The quick transformation from handsome to looking like a meth addict (think sunken face) is something to behold.

Rufous McKinney

The quick transformation from handsome to looking like a meth addict (think sunken face) is something to behold.

The cat avatar is still pretty handsome!

I'm permanently documented there on my new Driver's license...no fingerprints left, hallucinating in the building and having to pass a written test....yeah, meth addict is a pretty good description of it.

Rufous McKinney

Nice! I have a pair of slippers I really like. That way even pyjama days can still make me smile if I remember to enjoy my feet

I am completely addicted to this one pair of intense compression socks I purchased by accident. (ankle socks). One of the few times the accident (I had no idea what i had ordered online)...make my feet feel really really good. My feet just beg for these socks. And not a single other pair I own do this same thing.

A couple of years later, I tried to find the same socks to no avail.

Then I put them in one of my three varied slippers. I wear wool slippers- almost year round.

:sluggish:

I know what you mean... Part of it is due to low blood volume I think.

When you hydrate try adding some electrolytes in. I think licorice (supplement not candy) is supposed to help with low blood volume but you're not supposed to stay on it long.