• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Looking for Scientific Article r.e ELISA

Its commonly accepted among those of us who have a Lyme diagnosis that the ELISA is an imprecise exam with a high rate of false negatives. I’m trying to find some scientific articles demonstrating this false negative rate to send to a new doc who...frankly, knows a lot less about Lyme than I do . Does anyone have the links, the titles of articles, journals where things were published, dates of publishing...anything to help me narrow my search!

Learner1

Attachments

• PIIS0002934312008753.pdf
    279.3 KB · Views: 11
Thank you! This is a great start! Out of curiosity, what were your search terms? I did a google with just “Elisa blood test false negative”, “b burgderfori ab tot reliability rate”, other stuff like that, and I found it really hard to weed through the results.

Learner1

Thank you! This is a great start! Out of curiosity, what were your search terms? I did a google with just “Elisa blood test false negative”, “b burgderfori ab tot reliability rate”, other stuff like that, and I found it really hard to weed through the results.
I believe I did "Lyme Elisa false negative".

Best wishes...

duncan

I would go to Lymenet Europe and under "Information" you can scroll down and find tons of insight on ELISA and WB.

Better yet. look up anything on the C6 circa 1999 or 2000 and they use the ELISA and WB as benchmarks against which to measure the C6.