• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Looking for Info on XMRV and Dr. Mikovits' Testing Methods

LaurelB

I recall a few months back that Dr. Mikovits spelled out exactly what testing methods are needed to detect XMRV. I believe it was posted at the IACFS-ME website, but I can't find it. Can anyone direct me to it? Much thanks.

LaurelB

Thanks gracenote... I tend to get overwhelmed with searches on the forums as so many posts/thread show up and it can be hard to sort through. Thanks so much for finding it for me.

Maybe the Zero/Zero labs don't have Adobe Reader?

Too funny! Maybe not. :)

gracenote

All shall be well . . .
Maybe the Zero/Zero labs don't have Adobe Reader?

Maybe the Zero/Zero labs haven't learned how to use a search engine. They were able to find LA Jason's articles on percent of adults affected in the US (footnote 1), loss of wages and earnings in the US (footnote 4), but couldn't find his most recent article "A Constructive Debate With the CDC on the Empirical Case Definition of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome" that would have been most helpful in selecting the appropriate ME/CFS patients to study.

CBS

Maybe the Zero/Zero labs haven't learned how to use a search engine. They were able to find LA Jason's articles on percent of adults affected in the US (footnote 1), loss of wages and earnings in the US (footnote 4), but couldn't find his most recent article "A Constructive Debate With the CDC on the Empirical Case Definition of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome" that would have been most helpful in selecting the appropriate ME/CFS patients to study.

Maybe they couldn't find it because of the title "A Constructive Debate..." Dr. Jason felt it was constructive while they didn't understand why he was wasting his precious time talking to them (Or maybe they filed it under something other than CFS)?