• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Looking for Benzodiazepine Damaged pwMEs (Klonopin, etc.)

I agree, and I think the two overlap in may ways, ie benzos can make ME infinitely worse ...

God, I couldn;t agree more.

Which they profit from in ohhhhh, so many ways: from the prescribing and marketing of benzos, and then from all the problems that benzos cause in addition to whatever they were prescribed for, and all the additional prescriptions they precipitate and support. A marketer's dream.

YippeeKi YOW !! Ditto - Agree! They're polydrugging us with Drug #2, #3, #4 in attempts to hide the nasty side effects of Drug#1. Plus Medicating Normal (<<a new documentary). Creating the disaster and capitalizing off of it.

One thing I'd add regarding making ME infinitely worse... the months of glutamate flood during and post w/d that batters pwME - like 24/7 exercise with no rest for months on end. I had akathesia for the first 5 months along with the "electrocution" symptoms, severe sweating and heat intolerance that made it impossible to sit or lie down. I collapsed several times from pushing on my feet with already-pretty severe ME, including short bursts of heavy yard work with chainsaws and shovels like I only did pre-ME (and I'm a 60 year-old, 115 lb female now!). I had little doubt that was going to "make ME infinitely worse". It was stuff like that in my first years of ME - when I didn't know what I had for certain, didn't know you weren't supposed to exercise - that did me in 23 years ago, and again in the years after that when I insist on pushing.

I just hope the info coming online in recent years - especially from Europe where they're WAY ahead of us on this issue - is enough to prevent a whole new generation from this abuse and neglect. I'd love to advocate, but, well, just these posts every couple weeks are killing me!:xpem: