• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Looking for a CFS doctor in Eugene Oregon

hmnr asg

Hi everyone ,
I’m moving to Eugene from the Bay Area and hoping to find a good doctor that can look after my cfs and neurological issues. I had a good doctor here at Stanford who was semi sympathetic but now that I’m moving I’m hoping to find someone with some experience in Eugene. Or at least find a doctor who doesn’t think I’m making things up as so many other doctors seem to think.

please let me know if you have any contacts !
Thank you !
J

Marylib

I know someone who has lived in that general area but I don't know if she is on this forum. It's kinda hard to help people connect and protect privacy at the same time.

hmnr asg

Hi Mary,
Thank you for your reply! I guess you could ask her for the doctor's contact info and relay that to me via this forum or you could DM me (if you feel comfortable).

I moved from Eugene, OR almost 3 years ago. Imo doctors in the area are 5 years behind the times. The only doctor I saw, when I lived there, that knew anything about CFS/ME was Dr. Kaufman in Mountain View, CA.

hmnr asg

I am a dope because i lived in San Jose for six years and didnt go to see Dr Kaufman (I saw Dr Chheda), and now im in Eugene :cry:

Marylib

Hi Mary,
Thank you for your reply! I guess you could ask her for the doctor's contact info and relay that to me via this forum or you could DM me (if you feel comfortable).

Sorry, @hmnr asg - you may have been talking to me, and I didn't see it. The person I am thinking of is out of that area now and I think this person is getting most of her care in either Portland or back east in Massachusetts. I don't know anyone to see that won't be astronomically expensive, but if money is not a problem, I guess you could travel to see Dr Chheda again? It kind of depends on what you are looking for. Sometimes you can find someone who admits their ignorance and then ask for what you want to treat your symptoms.

Learner1

@hmnr asg Answering since I was tagged. I've been living in Seattle, 10 hours up I-5 from Eugene, so not exactly in the neighborhood. However, there are many good Bastyr-trained naturopathic doctors in Oregon, and I'd recommend looking for one who takes a scientific approach using labwork (as opposed to one who uses homeopathy and "softer" approaches).