• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Long term Valtrex users curious

Antivirals lower antibodies because they lower the viral load. Antivirals dont directly effect the antibodies but do so indirectly.
Your post said you don't believe in the viral reactivation theory.
If you say so.... there is that confounding cluster of patients who test negative for viral infections, retro or otherwise. No plasma level of EBV indicated but a high level of EBV antibodies and of course, with antivirals the accompanying lymphocytes and antibodies for EBV and others go down. Quite the conundrum, but I'm just a boy, standing in front of a girl, asking her to love me. :)

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
If you say so.... there is that confounding cluster of patients who test negative for viral infections, retro or otherwise. No plasma level of EBV indicated but a high level of EBV antibodies and of course, with antivirals the accompanying lymphocytes and antibodies for EBV and others go down. Quite the conundrum, but I'm just a boy, standing in front of a girl, asking her to love me. :)

The immune system of a cfser is a strange thing. Ebv was 1 of the 3 viral triggers of my cfs and I have tests showing I was positive for life long igg antibodies to ebv. In Australia they don't test viral titre levels, it's either positive or negative.

And 7 yrs post cfs onset when I got retested for ebv, I was igg negative and a similar result several months later. All Drs have told me is that it's strange.

As it currently stands, there's a million and one subsets of cfsme. I'm not game to rule anything out.

Cheers 👍

Last edited:
@cornwellsb i know this is a super old thread, but I'm really struck, by this one sentence, what do you mean by "weird eye issues"?
I get these weird eye issues from time to time and take valtrex and it clears it up. I

I've been experiencing something weird with my eyes at the height of a viral flare up and I'm prepared to jump into valtrex and possibly truvada at some point, hoping to turn my life around. would love to hear from you.

Back