• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Long phone-in discussion on ME on Newcastle radio (UK)

Dolphin

A couple of people mentioned this on another forum:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p006jj5d/Alfie_and_Charlie_at_Breakfast_26_02_2010/

It supposedly starts
about an inch along the line at 7.08 am.
Somebody else said:
Check this out from 2.35 onwards to save listening to the whole programme.

A paeditrician was on.

Somebody talked about their troubles with severe ME.

Be warned, there is supposedly some very annoying man in it.

I haven't listened to it but sounds like some might be interested in it (particularly I suppose people from the area or know before from there who might have listened).

usedtobeperkytina

Tom, thank you. I listened to the whole thing. Although it didn't cover everything, at least it wasn't just a three minute story with a 30-second soundbite. Thankfully, all on the panel showed compassion to take in information. And whoever the man was, he showed particular insight. I kept waiting for someone to use an example of another illness to show it isn't a matter of being lazy. Finally, someone used the flu. That stopped the doubter.

I hope this show really helped you guys in that area. The point is, you can not convey the complexity and sometimes serious debility and biological cause of this illness without some time.

And I hate to hear you are having what seems to be an outbreak. Maybe some attention will come to you now.

Tina

Dolphin

Tom, thank you. I listened to the whole thing. Although it didn't cover everything, at least it wasn't just a three minute story with a 30-second soundbite. Thankfully, all on the panel showed compassion to take in information. And whoever the man was, he showed particular insight. I kept waiting for someone to use an example of another illness to show it isn't a matter of being lazy. Finally, someone used the flu. That stopped the doubter.

I hope this show really helped you guys in that area. The point is, you can not convey the complexity and sometimes serious debility and biological cause of this illness without some time.

And I hate to hear you are having what seems to be an outbreak. Maybe some attention will come to you now.

Tina
Thanks Tina.
But just to be precise, I'm in (the Republic of) Ireland* which is not part of the UK. It's maybe a bit like Canada and the US (or New Zealand and Australia).

* maybe sometimes known in north America as "Southern Ireland" because there is a place called Northern Ireland which is part of the UK. The Rep. of Ireland is of course much bigger than Northern Ireland and there's even a bit on the top of the island.