• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Long Covid funding to unearth new treatments

Treeman

Thousands of people with "long Covid" could benefit from the funding of 15 new studies of the condition, its causes and potential treatments.

Researchers from across the UK will investigate everything from brain fog to ongoing breathlessness, using a new technique to detect hidden lung damage.

They will be backed by £20m from the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR).

Long Covid funding to unearth new treatments - BBC News

Rufous McKinney

Scotland announced its going to study PACING..............and long haul.

so here we go Around And Around the Mulberry Bush...............

Pacing is a management tool, which we can use, to once and a while, experience a day where you get Five hours instead of two.

It cures nothing. Your still sick. You'll still crash after the nice day, always do.

If I can avoid Major Crashes (from regretable unavoidable events)...I can pull my baseline up a few centimeters.