• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Long Covid Blood Test given EU approval

Celandine

I haven't been here for quite a while so maybe this has already been discussed, but EU has approved a blood test for Long Covid. As you can see, this seems to be no use for ME/CFS and specifically aims to distinguish LC from ME. Perhaps similar tests could be developed around the viruses most usually suspected as ME triggers?

"...Specifically, those with PASC had persistent SARS-CoV-2 protein in CD14+, CD16+ monocytes for up to 15 months following acute infection, compared with healthy controls, the researchers concluded.
From these investigations, IncellDx researchers used machine learning and artificial intelligence to measure and analyse sets of cytokines and chemokines and produce objective disease scores capable of differentiating between patients with PASC and those who did not have the condition.
Dr Patterson said: "Long COVID presents a significant diagnostic and treatment challenge for patients. Many of the symptoms that are associated with long COVID, including fatigue, brain fog, shortness of breath, insomnia, and a wide range of cardiovascular issues, can easily be mistaken for other conditions like post-Lyme, ME-CFS, fibromyalgia, or even the common cold."

Whole article here--
https://www.medscape.co.uk/viewarti...&src=mkm_ret_220913_mscpmrk-OUSGB_DrugDB_MDHC