• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

LONG AWAITED POOP TO GO ON SALE NEXT WEEK

Daffodil

MICHAEL JOHN HARROP, member of this message board for a long time, and self proclaimed expert on fecal transplants, is going to begin selling poop in the very near future. Many have been waiting for him to start selling. He says he has been looking for a "super donor" for 7 yrs and, with the help of a benefactor, has now found one. Rumor has it, he may begin sales next week.

Banned from FB group due to accusations of alleged slander, and with an acid tongue, this fellow has made many an enemy online. Still, he has cultivated a reputation online as being the one to watch as far as finding fabulous feces goes.

His website: Humanmicrobes.org

This may be slightly lower cost alternative to the glorious Microbioma.org poop, who the vast majority have had good results with - me included.

Time will tell

perrier

My understanding (and please correct me) is that (from my readings) it is looking as though one needs more than one super donor in order to get good results.

Daffodil

My understanding (and please correct me) is that (from my readings) it is looking as though one needs more than one super donor in order to get good results.
that does not seem to be the case from what I can see so far...

Nuno

I believe many studies lacked either:
1- Continuation of the procedure (as with antivirals, one is not cured with a single shot, but many over time)
2- Donor quality - stool banks usually just take anyone who hasn't taken antibiotics over a certain period and seems to be healthy (with no family history of diseases etc)
3- Maybe diet factor? I assume one has to follow a healthy diet or similar to the donator (just me assuming, I dont think there are studies showing this)

There have been though, many studies both on humans and mice showing positive effects on autism, MS, Bipolar and some other thought to be permanent conditions. (For ME I can just recall the Barody studies, which lack a lot of detail IMO)

In theory, this could be due to the microbiome, due to the virome or due to both. There is still a lot we are undercovering on our intestine track.

I read this article (https://theconversation.com/we-foun...-92-were-previously-unknown-to-science-163258) a couple weeks ago and some might find it interesting. - We found more than 54,000 viruses in people’s poo — and 92% were previously unknown to science - Jun/2021

However, I will look more into it and share some studies if I find them interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nuno

Besides the studies there's quite a few anedoctal reports of people reversing Bipolar, depression, cognitive problems and so on, on some facebook FMT groups out of curiosity.

I would say we are still in the early stages on Human Microbiome and lots of mysteries will pop out in the next few years.

Viala

'Finding the 0.1% of people with healthy, unperturbed, disease-resistant microbiomes.'

1 in a 1000 only, I wonder what they eat, how they live and what's their medical history. Interesting topic.

Daffodil

'Finding the 0.1% of people with healthy, unperturbed, disease-resistant microbiomes.'

1 in a 1000 only, I wonder what they eat, how they live and what's their medical history. Interesting topic.
i do not know exactly how much these people actually know about what makes a persons microbiome disease-resistant other than a lot of bifido, diversity, etc ...but the questionnaires are lengthy and very comprehensive, looking at the person's extended family too. That is why is is so difficult to find someone. Then, they test for bloodborne infections, do GI Mapping etc. Whether this makes a "super donor" or just a good donor, I have no idea. Perhaps a super donor not only passes all of these tests but is also a star athlete of some kind and also has some kind of advanced academic degree? So .. just a seemingly perfect human being. To me, that means lowering the risk as much as possible but still not sure about super donor status.

LINE

I am wondering why they have not identified the healthy microbes (perhaps they have) and just culture those as a "probiotic" rather than all the testing that is necessary with a human donor. I read some journal articles out of Eastern Europe that discussed beneficial e coli as one of the foundations of the good bugs. They mentioned without this, then other healthy microbes cannot take root.

Nuno

I read some journal articles out of Eastern Europe that discussed beneficial e coli as one of the foundations of the good bugs. They mentioned without this, then other healthy microbes cannot take root.

Thats a good point, besides that, there's also interesting therapies Eastern Europe uses towards the microbiome such as Bacterio Phages, in order to kill biofilms, viruses and such. I dont know as much as I want about that part tho.

The more I look into Microbiome, the more I notice how many variables take play down there. And probiotics barely scratch the surface of the biodiversity we have on the intestine track.

Daffodil

I am wondering why they have not identified the healthy microbes (perhaps they have) and just culture those as a "probiotic" rather than all the testing that is necessary with a human donor. I read some journal articles out of Eastern Europe that discussed beneficial e coli as one of the foundations of the good bugs. They mentioned without this, then other healthy microbes cannot take root.
yes i have heard that also. i think there is a lot needed to sustain microorganisms in a mixture and each one needs different things to grow....and different temps, oxygen requirements etc. so it is very difficult. probiotics, as they are, cannot colonize. companies are trying to make some kind of collection of bacterial spores that we could take. there is a lot going on, i am sure...since the potential market is so enormous and they cannot patent poo. it is also a fact that STERILE fecal filtrate works on C DIff and possibly other things...and that has no live organisms at all. So lots of confusing things. if you filter at 0.2 microns maybe only phages get through...