• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

List of "safe" and effective anti inflammatory meds/sups/treatments?

ChookityPop

Hi,

Maybe a list already exists. But I thought about making a list of ALL potentially helpful anti inflammatory and immune suppressants in terms of meds, peptides, supplements, treatments, etc. For autoimmunity and in general.

I remember when I first go sick brain fog was one of my main symptoms. I used to get it after eating and though cutting out some high carb foods like potatoes and rice helped a lot, Naproxen really helped with my brain fog.

I would really appreciate tips!

Last edited:

Seven7

Seven
Celebrex is the one listed by the experts (but I do not know the safety info).
Curcumin (Turmetic), LDN, Fish Oil, were the ones that were given to me and I have been for years (i did stop fish oil after years. Turmetic I do as food.

ChookityPop

Unfortunately there is no FDA approved treatment for MECFS. The only med with some peer- reviewed evidence of efficacy is cyclophosphamide—but this study was not placebo controlled—and no one would consider cyclophosphamide to be a safe drug.

https://forums.phoenixrising.me/thr...ase-ii-study-rekeland-fluge-mella-2020.80066/
I know, but I really believe that I can improve my quality of life more or less. Peptides has helped me a lot for example. Thats what life is about for me, improving quality of life. Very interesting, thank you. I will look into it!

ChookityPop

Celebrex is the one listed by the experts (but I do not know the safety info).
Curcumin (Turmetic), LDN, Fish Oil, were the ones that were given to me and I have been for years (i did stop fish oil after years. Turmetic I do as food.

Have you noticed benefits from some of them? Is celebrex used in some cases of autoimmunity?

Seven7

Seven
celebrex used in some cases of autoimmunity?
I did Celebrex very little Just bought like 30 and only took when my brain inflammation was intolerable back in the day. LDN definitely help with my intolerable body pain (I am not ussual in the sense they put me on 9mg as instead of the 4.5 most CFS do) but I get RA with colitis flares and is VERY bad pain. Also helped some with the brain.

I now have changed my whole life to lower inflammation (I still struggle some days due to colitis flare) but overall now very controlled. Has been a journey!!! I had to change everything so I can be healthier (foods and habits).

Peyt

I now have changed my whole life to lower inflammation (I still struggle some days due to colitis flare) but overall now very controlled. Has been a journey!!! I had to change everything so I can be healthier (foods and habits).
@Seven7 thanks for your post... I suspect I have Inflammatory cytokines that disrupts my sleep... any idea what test I can ask my doctor to do to detect that? Thanks

xebex

LDN helped my brain fog I took it for 10months and now 2 years later it is still significantly better I can also eat more sugar and carbs too since then but do find sugar and refined carb my biggest brain fog culprit.

NAC (antioxidant) helps the toxic feeling which can also cause brain fog

OTC muscle relaxants with ibruprophen.

Circumin, ginseng, rhodiola all made me feel worse.

Swim15

Clonezepam and lamotrigine are the only two things in a very exhaustive list of supplements and pharmaceutics that helped my brain fog. If a 10 is normal functioning then they took me from a 1-2/10 to a 6/10 - brain probably works better at this point than most people’s but still severely below normal for me

Seven7

Seven
@Seven7 thanks for your post... I suspect I have Inflammatory cytokines that disrupts my sleep... any idea what test I can ask my doctor to do to detect that? Thanks
they did a cytokine profile on me (not sure it helps but to tell me what I already knew, that my inflammatory cytokines are high) But helpful for the other doctors to know something wasn't right with my inmune system ( to take my case more seriously) also a lymphocyte subset. The issue is having an Immonologyst or doctor who knows what to do with the results, my GP still do not run them or know what to do with it, so he will now run them. Best of luck in your journey.