• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

List of published papers about XMRV/MLV

Mark

Yes how frustrating not to be able to copy and paste; so long as it's not copy-protected somebody should be able to do so though; can that be done?

Note the mention of the two Kung papers at the end, re: insertion of retrovirus into herpesvirus.in vitro and in vivo.

And look up Eva Stormorken in Norway...

Sam Carter

Yes how frustrating not to be able to copy and paste; so long as it's not copy-protected somebody should be able to do so though; can that be done?

Note the mention of the two Kung papers at the end, re: insertion of retrovirus into herpesvirus.in vitro and in vivo.

And look up Eva Stormorken in Norway...

Copying & printing restrictions can be removed from a locked pdf file by uploading it to http://freemypdf.com/

August59

Daughters High School Graduation
I can save the pdf and can access the links directly from pdf. I can cut and paste into MS Word and I can print the pdf without any problems.

free at last

Thats a long list, more than i realized/
On the second link from the top a discussion about wessleys ( mclures ) negative xmrv study, then Kerrs Negative study,
of interest is this quote below. not exactly compelling evidence agreed. but also not exactly the zero findings that is often spoke about this study. there conclusions about the antibody reactions to xmrv was cross reactivety with other viruses, but they state state FOUR were SPECIFIC to xmrv, so do we assume that they did indeed detect xmrv in the genereal population of the uk ? agreed on a tiny scale. but a detection none the less.
heres the
qoute
No XMRV sequences were
identified from 142 CFS cases and 157 controls tested.
However, 26 of 565 (4.6%) samples had XMRV neutralizing
antibody activity but only one of the 26 was from a CFS
patient. Four samples were XMRV specific but most of the
remaining antibody reactivity was due to cross-reactivity
with other viruses. The authors note that “XMRV infection
may occur in the general population, although with currently
uncertain outcomes.” End of qoute

What did happen to Kerr after this ? its like he died or something such has been the silence from him about this topic, and the study itself.I find that a little odd. No interveiws nothing ?
I will browse this list extremly interesting when theres parts i can actually understand. which is hardly ever mind lol.