• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

List of Patients improving with HELP-Apheresis

Blazer95

..and we built castles in the Sky.
In an effort to research my way through weither I should ultimately get the HELP-apheresis or not I have looked out for patients feeling better/worse/neither. I thought I share the results with everyone.

Gained Benefit
Patrick Ussher from Phoenix Rising reports being 20-25% better
YouTube Video
User Katty2k reports feeling “amazing” after just 1 HELP apheresis, 1 HBOT and 1 round of IV vitamins
Reddit comment
User draconefox reports a 10% increase in energy after apheresis therapy.
Reddit comment
User kdnyfilm reports feeling slightly better after 4x help apheresis but it may be the mediterranean sun of cyprus he stated.
Reddit comment
User Embarrassed Mess reports „It helped me a lot”
Reddit comment
User allknewthings reports “yeah helps”
Reddit comment
User eddihunter reports being much better
Link lost sorry
User friends of the sun reports having great result but feeling worse again with virus reinfection:
Reddit comment
Long Covid patient Neil Robinson reports feeling better after HELP-apheresis
YouTube Documentation
Marek Fabrowski reports feeling better after HELP apheresis aswell:
same documentation as above.
Sarah Sacher, ME/CFS patient, reports feeling better after HELP apheresis:
YouTube Video
User just-a-simple-song claims he and his wife feels "much better" after doing it:
Reddit comment
User Outside-Clue claims he has felt an 20% improvement, that only lasted 3 months however.
Reddit comment
User FinRinTin reports cognitive improvements after HELP-apheresis
Forum Post
User SWAlexander reports feeling "saved" after Immunoadsportion wich is a different type of apheresis:
Forum Post

Got Worse
User Tauri_123 reports feeling worse after only one HELP apheresis:
Reddit comment
User avernamethyst112 reports going from 50% to 5% from Apheresis and still isn’t recovered:
Reddit comment
Atleast one ME/CFS patient got so worse after apheresis that he commited suicide.
https://forum.sickandabandoned.com/...ient-recovery-beate-jaeger-and-colleagues/179
User Tauri_123 reports the practices of the cyprus clinic as very dangerous leaving multiple people bleeding from triple anticoagulation:
Reddit post
User luxintenebrislucet feels "at his lowest" after HELP-apheresis. It is unclear weither he ever returned to baseline:
Forum Post

Neither:

User dhitchen reports no benefit and no harm, but doesn’t regret trying it:
Reddit Post
User dankeen1234 reports achieving nothing, reporting no harm either, but wasted money:
Reddit Post
User odd_resist7051 reports no benefit but no harm either, but doesn’t regret trying it.
Link lost sorry
User Martin aka paused ME seemed to have no effect on HELP-apheresis. While I cant find his statement about it other users have been talking about him getting no benefit.

Better from HELP: 14 ME or LC Patients
Better from Immunoadsoprtion: 1 ME Patient
Worse: 5 Patients with 1 ME/CFS commiting suicide afterwards...
No harm, no benefit: 4 Patients.

Disclaimer: The true risk of side-effects may not be displayed correctly by this list. Stay careful fellow ME warriors.

While this looks very pro-apheresis i want everyone to keep in mind that it brings the risk of significantly worsening..

Last edited:

Blazer95

I know there are more reports in the forum floating arround but i currently dont have the cognitive ability to continue this list.

it will be continued however, do not worry.

i am quite exhausted because i went over my PEM limit a few days ago.

Blazer95

User tcamde claims a Long Covid (not ME) Facebook group did a survey wich apparantly found:

45% long-term big improvement
5% long-term small improvement
18% short-term small improvement
14% no changes
18% got worse

Treat this information with care as I cant check it because I am not in said Facebook group.