• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

List of all the names of all the different viruses etc that is connected with ME?

Hip

Im sure there is a list somewhere on this page but I cant find it.

The pathogens most frequently linked to ME/CFS are:

Certain enteroviruses:
  • coxsackievirus B
  • echovirus
Certain herpesviruses:
  • Epstein-Barr virus
  • cytomegalovirus
  • HHV-6
Also:
  • parvovirus B19
  • Chlamydia pneumoniae (a bacterium which lives inside your cells)

We can now probably add SARS-CoV-2 to the above list. And you can also include Borrelia if you consider that chronic Lyme is a form of ME/CFS.

Very occasionally some cases of ME/CFS appear due to reactivated varicella zoster virus (you know if you have this because it causes a shingles rash).

These are the main pathogens that ME/CFS doctors will typically test you for.

There are a few other pathogens which are sometimes found in ME/CFS patients, as co-infections which may make the ME/CFS worse.

ChookityPop

The pathogens most frequently linked to ME/CFS are:

Certain enteroviruses:
  • coxsackievirus B
  • echovirus
Certain herpesviruses:
  • Epstein-Barr virus
  • cytomegalovirus
  • HHV-6
Also:
  • parvovirus B19
  • Chlamydia pneumoniae (a bacterium which lives inside your cells)

We can now probably add SARS-CoV-2 to the above list. And you can also include Borrelia if you consider that chronic Lyme is a form of ME/CFS.

Very occasionally some cases of ME/CFS appear due to reactivated varicella zoster virus (you know if you have this because it causes a shingles rash).

These are the main pathogens that ME/CFS doctors will typically test you for.

There are a few other pathogens which are sometimes found in ME/CFS patients, as co-infections which may make the ME/CFS worse.
Thank you!!