• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Lipid Replacement Therapy

Rita

In the WPI web there is a link to Institute of Molecular Medicine of Dr Nicholson
And in this page, in Whats new, is that:

Lipid Replacement Therapy with a Glycophospholipid-Antioxidant-Vitamin Formulation Significantly Reduces Fatigue Within One Week in Chronic Fatigued Patients

Garth L. Nicolson, Rita Ellithrope and Robert Settineri

Department of Molecular Pathology, Institute for Molecular Medicine, Huntington Beach, California 92647; Tustin Longevity Center, Tustin, California 92780 and Sierra Research, Irvine, California 92606

Purpose: Fatigue occurs naturally during aging and in most degenerative diseases, including neurodegenerative diseases, and is the most common complaint of patients seeking general medical care. Lipid Replacement Therapy administered using an all-natural nutritional supplement containing membrane glycophospholipids and antioxidants (NTFactor) can reduce or prevent fatigue [1-3] and restore mitochondrial function [4].
Results: Recent clinical trials using patients with chronic fatigue have shown the benefit of Lipid Replacement Therapy in restoring mitochondrial electron transport function and reducing moderate to severe chronic fatigue [2]. In the current study, an online survey on fatigue was used to assess the effects of a membrane glycophospholipid-antioxidant-vitamin mixture on fatigue. Fatigue was reduced within one week by a mean of 36.8% (p < 0.0001) in a group of 67 subjects of mean age 57.3 years with various fatigue levels. There was no difference between the response of males and females to the supplement, and no adverse events occurred during the study [5].
Conclusions: These results provide evidence that this new glycophospholipid-antioxidant-vitamin supplement significantly reduces fatigue within one week in subjects with a variety of fatigue levels.

1.Nicolson GL. Lipid replacement as an adjunct to therapy for chronic fatigue, anti-aging and restoration of mitochondrial function. J Am Nutraceut Assoc 2003;6(3):22-28.
2. Nicolson GL, Ellithrope R. Lipid replacement and antioxidant nutritional therapy for restoring mitochondrial function and reducing fatigue in chronic fatigue syndrome and other fatiguing illnesses. J Chronic Fatigue Syndr 2006;13(1):57-68.
3. Ellithorpe RR, Settineri R, Nicolson GL. Reduction of fatigue by use of a dietary supplement containing glycophospholipids. J Am Nutraceut Assoc 2003;6(1):23-28.
4. Agadjanyan M et al. Nutritional supplement (NTFactor) restores mitochondrial function and reduces moderately severe fatigue in aged subjects. J Chronic Fatigue Syndr. 2003;11(3):23-26.
5. Nicolson GL et al. Lipid Replacement Therapy with a glycophospholipid-antioxidant-vitamin formulation significantly reduces fatigue within one week. J Am Nutraceut Assoc 2010; in press.

Someone has tried this product?
Of course I have not financial interest, Im not the Rita author of the article and have tried in advanced search if there were some post about it. It seems the date of the article is september 2010.

lancelot

Nicholson is selling his lipid product called NT factor so he did this study to somehow prove its effectiveness. What do you think the results would be? This is an obvious conflict of interest when someone selling his own product does his own study. No one else has done a study that proved NT factor to help.

i know we all got to eat, but this is bullshit. NT factor improved fatigue in one week by 36.8%? It's almost as daring and bullshit as dr T's study of his SHINE improving 90% of patients by 92%. i can respect Nicholson for doing alot of good research papers on mycoplasma but he also comes to some very wild conclusions that 1) mycoplasma is the cause of CFS/ME 2) Dr Lo under the DoD patented and developed weaponized mycoplasma 3) weaponized mycoplasma was released to the public somehow whether intentional or accidental. This guy mixes some good science with outlandish conspiracy theories. Overall, i can't even take this guy seriously or buy any product he's trying to hock.

Rita

Thanks to know your point of vue, I think like you, but was strange to me to meet his link in the WPI.
Thats why I wanted to know if someone has tried it and the results.
He dont refers to SFC, but only "fatigue" in elderly.

Rita

Thanks Lancelot, I know (good) lipids are very important por cells and to make a barrier against viruses and microbes and for the brain, I dont know if I could buy this brand in my country, but Ill ask for a good one without heavy metals.

lancelot

i also take a tbsp of extra virgin or raw coconut oil(nutiva brand) which is a good anti-viral and anti-bacterial. The combination of coconut oil and fish/cod liver oil is the best Lipid Therapy IMPO. take care Rita!