• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Light Sensitive

Carrigon

Light hurts. It just plain stabs into my eyes. And lately, for no reason, it's just been worse. Like I feel like I need sunglasses 24/7.

The sound sensitivity is bad, too. But now the light is bugging me just as much.

Marg

I have gone through stages of that, first when I was frist sick in the 90's I wore sunglasses in the house. I have also noticed this when I am detoxing they hurt more. At one time I had burn lines where laugh are lines in the outside cornors of my eyes. The stuff was actually burning my skin. I had no idea what it was and my then doctor called my attention to it. I hava also noticed if I have on reading glasses the glasses get gunky..sort of like steamed over from the gunk. I have read that toxins come out the mucus membranes. I find that some kind of artifical tears help wash away the gunk and help the burning. it took a while to findthe rught one.. Fun huh? Are were ready for another "Exorcist" movie? My tongue, roof of mouth and now lips burn if I am in a detox mode. I am with Rich Vank's Simplified program to correct the methylation cycle block. I have been doing it over a year now and the deoxing is happening. The burning is so annoying but not painful.

helen41

I spent sunny days inside with the blinds drawn. Everyone else delights in the sunshine- not me. I delight in living in rainy Vancouver, where I can bear to have the curtains open when it's overcast, hence my agreement with the whole turnip discussion. Sometimes I feel like a root vegetable.....