• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Letters to your government or representative

keepontruckin

I just wrote a letter to my government asking why people with me/cfs are not included in the trials with people with long covid. It got me thinking. I used to include stats on the numbers of people suffering with the disease in the country. I do believe that they get it now. They know there is a large population. I think it is more effective now to focus on the suicide rate because I think that is not well known at all. The suicide rate is about 26.7%. Correct me if I am wrong. I heard a researcher explain that the incidence increases the longer the person has had the illness. I thing that is a better focus for appealing for inclusion with long covid people in trials. I think it is time to be included now.