• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Letter from Annette Whittemore, "Our Responsibility", IP removed from WPI, 11/11/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

currer

Well, this only shows that the people at the WPI still believe that XMRV is a human pathogen and not the contamination that it actually is.

Hi Tony,

Remember the prostate cancer researchers still stand by their findings.

If HGRVs do not exist, as the BWG pronounced, how do you account for this?
Read Singhs paper on her histopathology results in prostate tumors.

Funny. That thought ran thrugh my head too. Better check with the CDC, CAA, one snarky blogger, or the Chicago Tribune to see if they stole the notebooks! They seem to be the ones with the least credibility through this whole process.

I really think this line of commentary needs to stop right here and immediately. It is highly unlikely that any of the parties named above had anything to do with this debacle nor is there any evidence this is the case. Trying thinking it through rationally. Just because you disagree with someone or people who are part of an institution does not give you the right to libel no matter how strongly you feel. And yes, anything you write on a publicly accessible site leaves you open to legal action.

Enid

Glad you brought that up currer - a larger story than just XMRV being unravelled)

(Your post 22).

barbc56

You're innocent until proven guilty so time will tell.

I worry about the legal implications of what is said online and if it can be used in someones defense or used against them.

I am not a legal expert, but just wondering.

Dreambirdie

work in progress
What a freaking mess. I would also question whether the CAA, CDC or their kind had something to do with this.

I would like to see all parties involved, or suspected, to be required to do a lengthy polygraph test.

As usual it's the patient community who will bear the brunt of this ongoing drama.

kurt

I have no idea whether this thread is treading on thin ice in terms of the law. But seriously, do we need to speculate about who broke in and stole the missing WPI lab notebooks and whatever else? A crime has happened, been reported, I think we need to leave the rest to the proper investigative authorities.

Locking this thread until further notice...please do not start further threads on this topic until the authorities have completed their investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.