• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Lets talk sleep apnea, and other weird nighttime things

xebex

When in a crash I get sleep apnea like symptoms, I’m 100% certain I do NOT have sleep apnea when not in a crash so a sleep study will be tricky.

I often wake up in a panic and am very confused, recently I had a horrific panic attack after waking up with one sided sleep paralysis, I felt like I had been holding my breath in my sleep. Sometimes as I’m drifting off to sleep I’ll stop breathing and it’ll wake me up or a voice in my dream will say “breathe!” And I’ll jolt awake.

I’m not sure I want to bother with a sleep study as I’m not really into inducing a crash state in a hospital but I wonder if a Cpap machine or something else might help in these bizarre semi conscious sleep states almost narcolepsy like.

Any thoughts or experience?
Thanks

xebex

It can be associated with migraine.
Yes it also felt like a severe silent migraine I don’t really get pain with migraines anymore but it was certainly a similar neurological feeling to how I feel if I’m in severe migraine pain.