• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Let's talk PAIN

urbantravels

disjecta membra
This has been a really great thread. I managed to get my PCP to write me a scrip for Tramadol and so far, I like it a lot! Doesn't really seem to give me a "stoned" feeling at all.

My PCP also ordered a C-spine x-ray, based on my wailing and lamenting about my neck. I wish she would have ordered an MRI - I've never had one of those and it sounds more interesting than a boring old X-ray. I had the X-ray Tuesday and haven't heard anything yet, I expect I will eventually get an email from my doc that says "Your X-ray was fine."

SaraM

I have a constantly stiff, aching neck which leads to migraine, and my lower legs feel partially numb.

What helped significantly:

- Magnesium sulphate injections, approx. 500mg, daily
- Magnesium oil spray on the affected area, daily
- B12 methylb
- coQ12, 2x 200mg, daily

What also helped:

- Accupuncture, though as it was very costly I stopped. It is also not really a cure, but great temporary relief.

I would stay away from long-term use of pain killers, as with time they can cause further pain. (As I was told by a GP.)

I have mentioned this in another post before, but will keep posting, as it might help someone.

There is a German doctor, Dr Bodo Kulinski, whose theory is that CFS is caused by trauma to the vertebrae, which leads to 'nitrosative stress' which will damage the endocrinesystem, mitochondria, etc. and ends in chronique fatigue. He has treated various CFS patients and healed them by aligning the cervical spine and treating the mitochondria, endocrinesystem etc.

http://www.dr-kuklinski.info/buecher/buecher.html (Website is in German)

Curry,
Thanks for the link, but do you know what type of treatment this German doc offers for aligning the spine? I really need to do something for my stenosis. Prolotherapy and Platelet Rich Plasma has been helpful for my joint problem. I definitely recommend it.

curry

Curry,
Thanks for the link, but do you know what type of treatment this German doc offers for aligning the spine? I really need to do something for my stenosis. Prolotherapy and Platelet Rich Plasma has been helpful for my joint problem. I definitely recommend it.

Further to reports from his patients, he tailors the therapy to each individually, which consists of various manual therapies (osteopathy, craniosacraltherapy, physiotherapy, therapy by Dorn, atlastherapy etc.), and isometric training or other exercises.