• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Let's send Mindy to 1st Int'l XMRV conference, Sept 7-8: Fundraising effort starting

Rrrr

Let's send Mindy to 1st Int'l XMRV conference, Sept 7-8: Fundraising effort starting now!

Has anyone NOT seen Mindy's great reporting on www.cfscentral.com ??

Especially her most recent reporting on the NIH/FDA/Harvard paper that was posted on her blog and on the CFS forums seemingly seconds after 3 pm EST, on Aug 23rd, when this groundbreaking paper was made public? She had the background story for us on this paper, key interviews, everything, within seconds of the paper's release. Literally.

Can't get better than that.

So let's send her to the 1st Int'l XMRV conference, Sept 7-8: Fundraising effort starting NOW.

Yes, I know she already said she is already going, whether or not we start raising funds for her hotel and travel and meals while there. But being an independent investigative journalist, as she is, is not like being a salaried or paid staffer/writer for a newspaper. There is a new trend in the world of blogging and investigative journalism, and it is that if you, the reader, want the reporter to keep doing her work, you help fund her work so she can eat (and pay for a hotel in Baltimore, where the conference is, which has to be about $150/night, I'm guessing).

Please note: THIS IS NOT AN EXCLUSIVE EFFORT. IN OTHER WORDS, THIS IS NOT A FUNDRAISING EFFORT EXCLUSIVE TO THIS PHOENIX RISING FORUM, THIS IS AN ALL-PWC, ALL-FORUMS EFFORT. I'll be posting this around to people not on the forums, to people on other forums, and you can forward it to yr pals, too!

Because it is an all-PWC effort, and not exclusive to one forum, we'll likely never know how much we end up donating, as we won't be able to keep track. But I am sure none of the money we send Mindy will go to waste supporting her good muckraking work.

Meanwhile, just to keep us all inspired and keep a fire lit under our donating butts, if you want, please feel free to let us know by posting on this thread AFTER you have donated to Mindy's site. Her donate button is on the right hand side of her blog: www.CFSCentral.com

Let's send Mindy to Baltimore and the world's first XMRV conference so that *we* can get the best reporting from that highly important conference.

Warmly,
Rrrr

Rrrr

i just donated $20 to mindy's website. i, for one, really want to know what goes on at that conference that very few reporters will be at.

Rrrr

yes, she is! i do mention that in my first post. my point is, let's help pay her way. being an independent investigative journalist means you do not have a salary from a newspaper or website. so let's help her pay for her travel expenses, hotel, food, whatever! let's help make it possible for her to keep doing her reporting.

p.s. mindy did not suggest i start this initiative. i just think it is a good idea.

gracenote

All shall be well . . .
I think this is a really GREAT idea. At least I think I do. After today my thinker is on the blink.

I hope to contribute tomorrow.

Rrrr

We are getting some good donations. LET'S KEEP IT GOING! More, more, we need more money!

Quilp

I have sent 20$. the conversion rate is circa 1.51 for my UK comrades :)
Any news on how much has been raised so far ? What is the target. I will send another 20$ if needed, on Monday.
Thanks to Mindy, and what a great idea Rrrrr.

Kind regards, Mark

Rrrr

i have no idea how much we have raised, as it goes straight to mindy's website. but if i had to guess, i'd say maybe $150-200? i really have no idea, tho! keep the donations coming. a hotel can cost $150 or so per night in urban centers nowadays.