• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Learn About the Newest OMF-funded Research Center at Uppsala Univ, Sweden

Ben H

OMF Volunteer Correspondent
Hi guys,

Some really amazing news:

Tocq_jpLnd-dCvxKHzsxwmvp0QJ_hAFqJKB1Bl-Ek0kLzjzQyBcJCsus1E99yTjkwYjs67JX6_9RcOfHiwuQhHKrn6PD6Yc5o4nZlkbVA7NkfKNwws0ueEF_tsZrtL2nREnorGCgOzFGBQlxZtwZJp7oha3vAh4Xf0UZeyVnJNj1NN_zTKflEXYlkGEgyshDBEpSvpk8hbPaiWA=s0-d-e1-ft

OMF-funds ME/CFS Collaborative Research Center at Uppsala

We are proud to announce that OMF has funded the establishment of a third ME/CFS Collaborative Research Center, at Uppsala University in Sweden.

The new Uppsala Center will be led by OMF Scientific Advisory Board member Jonas Bergquist, MD, PhD and will work synergistically with the ME/CFS Collaborative Research Center at Stanford led by Ronald W. Davis, PhD, and the ME/CFS Collaborative Research Center at Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Affiliated Hospitals, led by Ronald G. Tompkins, MD, ScD, and Wenzhong Xiao, PhD of Harvard University. All science funded by OMF continues to be under the overall direction of our Scientific Advisory Board, directed by Ron Davis.

This new Collaborative Center focuses on the targeted molecular diagnosis of ME/CFS with the goal of evidence-based strategies for interventions. In Uppsala, significant efforts are being brought to bear on the analysis of cerebrospinal fluid as a unique source of neurochemical biomarkers of ME/CFS. High-resolution mass spectrometry will be used for extremely sensitive detection of endogenous biomolecules. This unique technology, in combination with the development of clinically relevant screening and targeted methods for sampling, will deliver previously unattainable insights into the pathophysiology of ME/CFS.

kZHMZxsFQZnsOQaHDUKcfPjJO9fX6YKKKYNl_9oAwjybSCKoe0eqwPA4-kGj4VLmR1xO1zhv8UZNU7Gp2ELAch3AtchL-DQsHsNqXhYsbTgXTRczPp2KX8ZcREuwludX2agwVS9ea-ALVtiHeD4_=s0-d-e1-ft

Donate now to support ground-breaking research.

www.omf.ngo

Another amazing milestone :)

@Janet Dafoe (Rose49) @AshleyHalcyoneH @marilynbsg

raghav

Will they be testing the metabolic trap hypothesis to know conclusively whether it exists or not ? Any idea how many months that will take ?