• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

LDN on the NHS

Hi all has anyone been able to get LDN on the NHS (UK) as have read it is widely available in the USA, but from what I have been reading it doesn't seem to be so widely prescribed here in the UK ? I am looking to ask my doctor the next time I see her.
I have read a lot of the postings on here and it seems it works for some but not all ( like most meds I think).
At the moment I take tramadol, dyhidrocodien and preagaplin (sorry for the spelling) but I'm still in pain and not sleeping, so would like to give this LDN a try if I can get it on the NHS.
Thanks

Moof

I hope you'll be ok tapering off the opioids prior to trying the LDN..?

This is why I haven't tried it – I take tramadol. Not at high doses, but I've been on it for over a decade and tapering down significantly (which I do every so often if my tolerance level has crept up) produces some pretty boring side-effects. If I were more sure that LDN would work to reduce pain, I might try it...but just for now, I'm not keen to swap a really effective drug that isn't causing problems to one that might give me side effects without even working.