• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

LAZY GLASSES let you read a book or tablet while lying horizontally in bed. Prisms in the glasses bend the direction of vision by 90°

Hip

Lazy glasses contain prisms which reflect light by 90°, so you can be lying down horizontally in bed, with your eyes looking upwards towards the ceiling, yet be able to read a book or tablet which is comfortably resting on your chest.

lazy-glasses.jpg

These lazy glasses are cheap, around £10 ($15) for a pair, and the reviews I have read say that they really do work (although I have not yet bought a pair myself).

Lazy glasses might be useful for bedbound patients, to make it easier to read a book, or to go online using a tablet.

You can also watch TV with these glasses, if the TV is located at the end of your bed, while your body and head remain perfectly horizontal.