• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Lauricidin

Dreambirdie,

I have been trying the Lauricidin in recent months and am only able to tolerate one pellet per day, 3 to 4 days per week, because of the die-off. My doctor wanted me to take 2 or 3 scoops per day and he scoffed when I told him I was only able to take one or two pellets. I'm comforted to know that others also can't handle very much of it, as I was feeling like a total wimp that I couldn't take more.

My doctor gave me a seaweed supplement to take that is a heavy metal chelator. I haven't started it yet, but the name is Modifilan Pure Brown Seaweed Extract. He said to take one per day. I haven't noticed any heavy metal detox yet, but I'm not sure if I can distinguish between a herx reaction and that. Also, I haven't been taking the Lauricidin consistently -- I avoid it on the days I'm really feeling bad, which has been quite often.

Please keep us posted on how it's going with the heavy metal detoxing aspect of this.

maryb

iherb code TAK122
I too keep trying the Lauricidin but can only tolerate a few pellets, it absolutely floors me, how people get up to several scoops is beyond me:(

I also forgot to mention that my doctor said to take serrapeptase and nattokinase enzymes on an empty stomach at least an hour before taking the Lauricidin (which I think is best taken with food). The enzymes break down the biofilm that the bugs secrete to protect themselves from being destroyed. I think he said to take 2 of each of the enzymes a couple times per day -- although he also suggested taking a couple of scoops of Lauricidin. I've been taking one of each of the enzymes an hour before breakfast and then I take the Lauricidin after breakfast.

I agree, maryb -- I don't know how people can take that much Lauricidin. Maybe they have much stronger immune systems, so they don't have as many bugs.

Dreambirdie,

I was googling for lauricidin as it relates to systemic/chronic fungal/yeast infections. I've finally figured out that (probably candida overgrowth) is what I have had for the last 23+ years. As a result, my health is very fragile at this time...fragile enough that I really need to be careful with what I do and not end up killing myself with too much die-off.

I came across this post you wrote on lauricidin, and you mentioned that you had to start off with only 1 to 3 pellets a day and still had a strong die-off reaction.

Could you tell me if you've gotten better and if you still have to take the Lauricidin? If so, are you taking more than 1 to 3 tablets a day?

Thanks in advance. You can also email me at iamcindymay@gmail.com

Cindy

el_squared

My LAURICIDIN story

I began taking Lauricidin in the beginning of July. I've had chronic infection problems for about a decade
(CFS for 32 years). Interestingly enough, the infection problems came on strong a year or two AFTER I
had my last amalgam filling removed. For me there is a clear connection btwn the toxicity of the heavy
metals and the chronic infections, which is becoming even more obvious as I take the Lauricidin.

Initially, I took the standard adult dose of 2000 mg, but I had such a strong Herx that I was practically
hallucinating (and NOT in a good way!) I backed WAY DOWN to the children's minimal dose of 1-3 pellets
per day, and stayed on that for a week, but even the baby dose gave me headaches, nausea and fatigue.
This was HIGHLY unusual for me, the mega-dose "supplement-arian," as my friends jokingly refer to me.
So I knew the stuff was really working. Over the past 2 months, as I've gradually increased my dose to
about a third of the standard adult dose, my infections have clearly diminished in severity, but the VERY
WEIRD part is that as the infections get better, the symptoms of HEAVY METAL TOXICITY have reared
their big old ugly heads.

I was so perplexed by this reaction that I called Brian Kabara at the Lauricidin company. He is very helpful
and supportive--his grandfather is the one who discovered Lauricidin. He told me that YES! Lauricidin does,
in addition to being anti-viral and anti-bacterial, in fact behave like a mild chelator. So hello, I wasn't totally
imagining the heavy metal toxicity reaction! (With CFS for so many years I have been DEEPLY programmed
to believe that I am "imagining" my illnesses, so that is my unfortunate regression in times of confusion.)

Anyway, I do know I have heavy metal toxicity, from the hair analyses I've done over the years. But to
confirm it, I am going to do one of those fecal heavy metal tests. I'm going to continue to take Lauricidin,
along with some other stuff (chlorophyll in HIGH doses, N-A-C, large amounts of Vit C, garlic, and fruit
pectin) all to aid in minimizing the detox symptoms. I'm hoping that in time I can clobber both monsters
with one big stone.

Just wondering if anyone else has tried the Lauricidin and what results they've had?

el_squared

Hi there, I was recently prescribed Lauricidin by my naturopath -- 1/4 tsp twice a day. I knew that would be too much but three days ago I did try a little less than a quarter tsp in one day -- maybe 8 pellets. I couldn't get out of bed the next day. Yesterday I took maybe four pellets and I'm incapacitated today. I don't know if I'm strong enough to do this.
About the heavy metal poisoning -- how do you get tested for this and how to you make a link between high levels and the effects of Lauricidin?
thanks,
Laura
My LAURICIDIN story

I began taking Lauricidin in the beginning of July. I've had chronic infection problems for about a decade
(CFS for 32 years). Interestingly enough, the infection problems came on strong a year or two AFTER I
had my last amalgam filling removed. For me there is a clear connection btwn the toxicity of the heavy
metals and the chronic infections, which is becoming even more obvious as I take the Lauricidin.

Initially, I took the standard adult dose of 2000 mg, but I had such a strong Herx that I was practically
hallucinating (and NOT in a good way!) I backed WAY DOWN to the children's minimal dose of 1-3 pellets
per day, and stayed on that for a week, but even the baby dose gave me headaches, nausea and fatigue.
This was HIGHLY unusual for me, the mega-dose "supplement-arian," as my friends jokingly refer to me.
So I knew the stuff was really working. Over the past 2 months, as I've gradually increased my dose to
about a third of the standard adult dose, my infections have clearly diminished in severity, but the VERY
WEIRD part is that as the infections get better, the symptoms of HEAVY METAL TOXICITY have reared
their big old ugly heads.

I was so perplexed by this reaction that I called Brian Kabara at the Lauricidin company. He is very helpful
and supportive--his grandfather is the one who discovered Lauricidin. He told me that YES! Lauricidin does,
in addition to being anti-viral and anti-bacterial, in fact behave like a mild chelator. So hello, I wasn't totally
imagining the heavy metal toxicity reaction! (With CFS for so many years I have been DEEPLY programmed
to believe that I am "imagining" my illnesses, so that is my unfortunate regression in times of confusion.)

Anyway, I do know I have heavy metal toxicity, from the hair analyses I've done over the years. But to
confirm it, I am going to do one of those fecal heavy metal tests. I'm going to continue to take Lauricidin,
along with some other stuff (chlorophyll in HIGH doses, N-A-C, large amounts of Vit C, garlic, and fruit
pectin) all to aid in minimizing the detox symptoms. I'm hoping that in time I can clobber both monsters
with one big stone.

Just wondering if anyone else has tried the Lauricidin and what results they've had?

ScottTriGuy

Stop the harm. Start the research and treatment.
Hi there, I was recently prescribed Lauricidin by my naturopath -- 1/4 tsp twice a day. I knew that would be too much but three days ago I did try a little less than a quarter tsp in one day -- maybe 8 pellets. I couldn't get out of bed the next day. Yesterday I took maybe four pellets and I'm incapacitated today. I don't know if I'm strong enough to do this.
About the heavy metal poisoning -- how do you get tested for this and how to you make a link between high levels and the effects of Lauricidin?
thanks,
Laura

Did you find an amount that worked for you?

I just started with one pellet this morning and a few hours later felt nausea, headachey for most of the day - so took another pellet tonight - my sinuses feel clear, but would be surprised it could act that quickly.

el_squared

Did you find an amount that worked for you?

I just started with one pellet this morning and a few hours later felt nausea, headachey for most of the day - so took another pellet tonight - my sinuses feel clear, but would be surprised it could act that quickly.
No, I haven't taken it in quite a while. Pretty soon I'm going to start Famvir. If I try Lauricidin again in the future I'll just start with one pellet. I hope it works for you.

knackers323

ScottTriGuy

Stop the harm. Start the research and treatment.
If memory serves, I only experienced mild side effects the first day or two - I built up the number of pellets slowly - it hasn't made me worse - I continue to take them but am not cured.

RL_sparky

I just ordered some lauricidin and have been using it for about a week now with no effect. I started with 1/2 scoop at each meal but am now up to a full scoop 3x day. I'll update if I feel any effect.

I've had Cfs since 1997 following chemotherapy. I've also struggled with recurrent ebv, cmv and hhv6 since that time. I was treated with valcyte, valtrex and famvir in the past by dr Lerner.
I was also treated for Lyme disease and babesiosis. Needless to say- I've been a mess for a while.
A few years ago, my chemo induced food intolerances significantly worsened.
I've been on a Paleo, gluten free diet since January 2015 trying to figure this out with the help of a functional medicine dr. Several dna stool tests have shown
Some nasty critters- over the past year, I have fought: cdiff, giardia, hpylori, Ecoli and staph infections, candida. Now I am fighting a geotrichum infection. But everything else is clean, and my good bacteria are no longer low.

Over the year- colloidal silver, oregano oil capsules, berberine hcl, wormwood, black walnut, artecin, artemesia, mastic gum have been rotated to knock back the bad guys.

Megaspore biotic probiotics for general probiotic help and prephage probiotic for treating Ecoli overgrowth have been amazing.

I started lauricidin at the beginning of August. I tend to be very sensitive to everything when I start it. I started with 4 pellets and had a terrible die off headache four hours laters for two hours straight. That made sense to me since 4-6 hours after I eat is the spot is my guts that seem infected with something and causes me problems.

I kept at that low dose for about a week, and was blessed with an immune response-a sore throat, swollen lymph nodes, achy neck, low grade fever- everything I get when mono flares up.
Except for the really achy neck- the rest of it wasn't so bad. My energy level dipped, I slept a lot. I was not nearly as sick as the last time I had mono, so I am guessing my last year and a half of diet changes and herbal killing protocol and probiotics have strengthened my immune system.
I increased my dose slowly at first, then went to 10 pellets then 20 then 30 then 40 and finally to a full scoop a few days ago. I'm taking 1 scoop 3 times a day. Once I got to 10-20 pellets per meal for a few days, all the fever, sore throat, swollen lymph a etc were cleared up. The sore neck resolved the first or second week. I do drink a lot of water 2 or more liters per day. And I have also been using serrapeptase enzymes to reduce inflammation too. At the time I started serrapeptase I wasn't even thinking of the side benefits- it clears up cellular debris and die off of yeast and bacteria. I also taking sodium bentonite clay, 1 tablespoon hydrated overnite in 8 oz water.
This may be why I was able to increase my dose so quickly and not suffer as long from die off- or it could be the killing protocol I took for the prior year has already cleared out so much garbage.

Am I all better?
Nope.
Can I function better than a year ago- yep! I can not work yet. But I have been able to go from full time couch potato to walks when my guts are happy.

I was able to do some painting in my kitchen on my good days.

I can make some social events, can shop for my own groceries, make my own meals, clean my own laundry on a regular basis now.

These were all things I did not do a year ago.

I still need to clear up the latest infection- geotrichum. It does seem to cause me a lot of (healthy) foods I don't tolerate like any starchy food- squash, sweet potato, potato etc.

Lauricidin has been one of the strongest products I have taken, and I plan to take it for 6 months to see how much progress I can make. Megaspore is another of my absolute favorites and I plan to continue this as well for at least 6 more months.

All I know is having a crappy immune system begins with a damaged gastrointestinal tract.

I'm trying my best to reverse/ correct the damage done by 8 months of chemotherapy, and way too many doses of antibiotics from childhood on. I'm sure it took a lot of bad things on my part to get here, and now it's going to take a lot of hard work to fix it.

It doesn't matter that the Drs didn't know any better, my parents didn't know any better, and I didn't know any better at the time. I still have to do all the work myself if I want to experience the benefits.

I have wanted to give up so many times
But what choice do we have? We just have to keep trying- as much as we are mentally and physically able to!

I hope everyone finds something that helps them and gives them hope to continue. This path is hard, and can be lonely, but you are not alone.

Lisa

el_squared

I've had Cfs since 1997 following chemotherapy. I've also struggled with recurrent ebv, cmv and hhv6 since that time. I was treated with valcyte, valtrex and famvir in the past by dr Lerner.
I was also treated for Lyme disease and babesiosis. Needless to say- I've been a mess for a while.
A few years ago, my chemo induced food intolerances significantly worsened.
I've been on a Paleo, gluten free diet since January 2015 trying to figure this out with the help of a functional medicine dr. Several dna stool tests have shown
Some nasty critters- over the past year, I have fought: cdiff, giardia, hpylori, Ecoli and staph infections, candida. Now I am fighting a geotrichum infection. But everything else is clean, and my good bacteria are no longer low.

Over the year- colloidal silver, oregano oil capsules, berberine hcl, wormwood, black walnut, artecin, artemesia, mastic gum have been rotated to knock back the bad guys.

Megaspore biotic probiotics for general probiotic help and prephage probiotic for treating Ecoli overgrowth have been amazing.

I started lauricidin at the beginning of August. I tend to be very sensitive to everything when I start it. I started with 4 pellets and had a terrible die off headache four hours laters for two hours straight. That made sense to me since 4-6 hours after I eat is the spot is my guts that seem infected with something and causes me problems.

I kept at that low dose for about a week, and was blessed with an immune response-a sore throat, swollen lymph nodes, achy neck, low grade fever- everything I get when mono flares up.
Except for the really achy neck- the rest of it wasn't so bad. My energy level dipped, I slept a lot. I was not nearly as sick as the last time I had mono, so I am guessing my last year and a half of diet changes and herbal killing protocol and probiotics have strengthened my immune system.
I increased my dose slowly at first, then went to 10 pellets then 20 then 30 then 40 and finally to a full scoop a few days ago. I'm taking 1 scoop 3 times a day. Once I got to 10-20 pellets per meal for a few days, all the fever, sore throat, swollen lymph a etc were cleared up. The sore neck resolved the first or second week. I do drink a lot of water 2 or more liters per day. And I have also been using serrapeptase enzymes to reduce inflammation too. At the time I started serrapeptase I wasn't even thinking of the side benefits- it clears up cellular debris and die off of yeast and bacteria. I also taking sodium bentonite clay, 1 tablespoon hydrated overnite in 8 oz water.
This may be why I was able to increase my dose so quickly and not suffer as long from die off- or it could be the killing protocol I took for the prior year has already cleared out so much garbage.

Am I all better?
Nope.
Can I function better than a year ago- yep! I can not work yet. But I have been able to go from full time couch potato to walks when my guts are happy.

I was able to do some painting in my kitchen on my good days.

I can make some social events, can shop for my own groceries, make my own meals, clean my own laundry on a regular basis now.

These were all things I did not do a year ago.

I still need to clear up the latest infection- geotrichum. It does seem to cause me a lot of (healthy) foods I don't tolerate like any starchy food- squash, sweet potato, potato etc.

Lauricidin has been one of the strongest products I have taken, and I plan to take it for 6 months to see how much progress I can make. Megaspore is another of my absolute favorites and I plan to continue this as well for at least 6 more months.

All I know is having a crappy immune system begins with a damaged gastrointestinal tract.

I'm trying my best to reverse/ correct the damage done by 8 months of chemotherapy, and way too many doses of antibiotics from childhood on. I'm sure it took a lot of bad things on my part to get here, and now it's going to take a lot of hard work to fix it.

It doesn't matter that the Drs didn't know any better, my parents didn't know any better, and I didn't know any better at the time. I still have to do all the work myself if I want to experience the benefits.

I have wanted to give up so many times
But what choice do we have? We just have to keep trying- as much as we are mentally and physically able to!

I hope everyone finds something that helps them and gives them hope to continue. This path is hard, and can be lonely, but you are not alone.

Lisa
That's amazing that you have been able to take that much Lauridicin. I took some in December -- a few pellets -- during a week when I was stronger and I tolerated it okay. At another point after that I tried it again and even a pellet put me in bed for a couple days. I do agree the immune system wreckage is due to wreckage of the gut. I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease 11.5 years ago and at that point I was wasting -- I was so diminished and debilitated by that disease, the malnutrition going on for so many years and the body attacking itself. I thought a strict gf diet would improve my health, and it did improve in some ways, but it didn't turn out to be THE answer. Or maybe it's just a testament to the damage that Celiac can do, because in the years since I have developed chronic pain and chronic fatigue -- IBS, fibro diagnosis, cfs diagnosos from stanford, and most recently a general movement disorder because I have uncontrolled large body movements. I have had chronic sinus infections for years and have taken way too many abx in my life. When I think back to my teenage years in the '80s, I took tetracycline for acne. It was very common. I'm sure that was part of the start of the problems for me. And now I have been diagnosed via a 4-month blood culture with Lyme Disease (Advanced Laboratory Services). I am going to undergo further testing to confirm this diagnosis (I was negative on the Western Blot) via Igenix and to also look for co-infections. Stanford already found high titers for mycoplasma pneumonia, HHV6, enteroviruses, EBV and others. I recently went back to work after 10 months on disability. I lost my job protection and had to go back. Luckily, I am feeling a lot more functional and I'm able to get through the work at this point, partly because some days I can work from home. But now I have just begin a 2 week round of Biaxin, which is used for the Igenix Lyme testing. The idea is the abx start to kill off the bugs, the immune system responds, and then the Igenix test will measure the immune response. I just really hope that this harsh abx doesn't send me into another crash.

El-squared-
Just to update you on the progress. I have only been at the full scoop about a week.
I just had my second flare on lauricidin-
It appears to be retriggering my old infections- this one is yeast infection! Haven't had one in about 3 years and can't tolerate the carbs or sweets that used to trigger them- so I really have zero reason to have one other than the lauricidin triggering it just like it did the mono event.

Wonder what great infection is waiting for me next?
I've never had any other supplement be so strong.
I am amazed. If I could only tolerate one or two pellets-
That's what I would go with until it didn't give me symptoms anymore, then I would up my dose slowly.

Good luck!!

Hi all, I have been ill for 20 years. I am now 46, father of 3 beautiful kiddos under 7.
I am highly motivated to heal.
1 month ago:
I took 2 full scoops of Lauracidin on Thursday, 3 on friday. Saturday AM I could not get out of bed, vomiting multiple times. Sunday AM I awoke with no more brain fog and a 90% increase in health. No more deep fatigue. The thick white coating on my tongue was completely gone. A miracle, truly. 1st time in 20 years something has actually helped me. ( I have buckets of supplements I could not tolerate)..
I continued on 3 scoops per day for 2 weeks feeling at least 70- 80% better the entire time-even went surfing. Then it stopped working and now I am extremely ill again, noting seems to be helping. Has anyone had a similar experience within Lauracidin?

thx

Konatyme

Snowdrop

Rebel without a biscuit
I think you'll find we're all highly motivated to heal. Many of us have turned to advocacy for more research to accomplish that.

Don't know about Lauracidin but these threads are full of anecdotes of people feeling worse then better and then the better wears off and leaves them about the same or worse from all manner of supplements--different one's for different people.

Many of us are starting to suspect it's just not as simple as that in terms of a cure or even truly better QofL. We want medical science to figure out what's gone wrong so that a treatment can target that with expectation of real improvement.

Although some people have managed to get symptomatic treatment for things related to this disease eg. like for sleep or POTS/OI which help quality of life.

I know everyone with this disease wants to feel well again.
I think u are correct in your approach via advocacy.
If there is a way to get some symptom improvement while we are treading water, that is my goal because my symptoms are so harsh.
I do know a friend of mine who was extremely ill for 20+ years with Lyme ext who has a full recovery so it is possible

knackers323

I think you'll find we're all highly motivated to heal. Many of us have turned to advocacy for more research to accomplish that.

Don't know about Lauracidin but these threads are full of anecdotes of people feeling worse then better and then the better wears off and leaves them about the same or worse from all manner of supplements--different one's for different people.

Many of us are starting to suspect it's just not as simple as that in terms of a cure or even truly better QofL. We want medical science to figure out what's gone wrong so that a treatment can target that with expectation of real improvement.

Although some people have managed to get symptomatic treatment for things related to this disease eg. like for sleep or POTS/OI which help quality of life.

@Snowdrop ate there any theorys as to why this unsustained improvement seems to happen with this illness?