• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Latitude and CFS?

Davsey27

Interesting I was able to shoot some hoops
Outside in a rural neghberhood in atlanta and started getting fatigued after 5 mins of shooting hoops.I enjoy the game and remember the days when I would run up and down the court.Still a mystery to me if.viruses are doing this or the mitochondria.Walking around i am ok but I miss being able to.participate in a full court game shirtless
Learning to accept what you can and cannot do
is a challenge when even the docs dont know what is going on

Thank you fellas

Davsey27

Yes, and it made no difference for me.

Interesting doctor kruse has mentioned that he heard of cases where ms was reversed in the tropics yet you hear the strong sun can be troublesome to the myelin sheats.Seems that cfs may be more.complex.I know peoole who follow kruse who have reversed cfs in the tropics.He says it coupled with grounding on beachwater and seafood it.charges the mitochondria and the dc current in a cfs.state
like a vehicle engine

Who knows the severity but its intersting.Good sunlight seems to have a positive effect but not excessive perhaps

Still don't have the answers myself

I've seen people post on reddit and mold avoidance forums reporting great improvements from moving to more tropical climates (Costa Rica or the Virgin Islands). I think it's probably about how an individual reacts to their environment rather than a clear relationship with latitude. If you are someone who feels better when they are warmer, it's probably a good idea no matter what.

Places have unique microbiomes in their soil and even in buildings. My personal theory is that it's possible to have MCAS symptoms triggered from certain microbiomes that present more as ME/CFS rather than histamine allergies. Some things like mold might be common triggers but everyone has their own unique set of triggers, and it could include a local microbiome in my totally untrained opinion.

I looked up my own recent latitude history and I certainly do better at lower latitudes, but I think it has more to do with other factors like precipitation and mold.

At 38 degrees I first got sick after living in a moldy apartment. By reducing contact with mold I was able to recover to about 95%. Then I moved to 47 degrees and got sick again. Through assiduous mold avoidance and various supplements I got to maybe 85%. After two years I started getting worse again with no explanation and fled to 33 degrees. Here I bounced back to 95% immediately and with some new supplements went into remission.

valentinelynx

Been to Hawaii, Tahiti and the Amazon (near Manaus in Brazil). It doesn't change my symptoms. Happily, the Tahiti trip (a cruise we took to celebrate me finishing med school in 2000) was during my remission days (when I was about 80% normal function).

Davsey27

Interesting that people.have found the sun doesnt have a major healing effect on cfs.

Archie

Perhaps this points to viruses.being more of.a causal factor

More likely the causal factor is pesticides ,specially RoundUp , and this brings to the original Latitude question, i think the FrankenFood aka pesticides in plate have spread in to so many latitudes sadly, and becouse many have allready eated FrankenFood food many years or decades causing the pesticides to accumulate in tissues/bones so the crap stays there long time after move to another latitudes, and that`s why might not feel positive effects . And there is a lot lower latitude countries that use huge amounts of pesticides and it really shows in health .

Pesticides cause vitamin D metabolism issues , hence the reason why ( last 15-20 years at least ) sun dont seems to allways do it`s thing anymore tous as it use to do , it probably depends the bodys toxic burden level.

https://www.tempenonforce.com/vitam...esterone-deficiencies-and-glyphosate-roundup/

https://www.organicconsumers.org/news/some-breakfast-foods-contain-more-glyphosate-vitamin-d-or-b12

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cytochrome_P450

https://secretingredientsmovie.com/

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7962890/

Davsey27

I do appreciate the feedback everyone.I understand everyone has their own individual experiences with CFS.Also, I have created a YouTube Channel for CFS Awareness of anyone is interested.I.enjoy being able to help others though I am no authority in field just learning from you and I

Thank You all