• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

lactoferrin

lactoferrin I heard is supposed to be good for cfs/me, anyone know more about it or tried it? its supposed to do something to the immune system,
cheers Jim

August59

Daughters High School Graduation
Not sure, but I think I'm going to give it a try. I'll post with results, the only thing is that I will be adding a couple of other things as well and it might be hard to distinguish as which one may or my not have helped the most.

Chris

Hi, Jimm; lactoferrin is one of the active constituents in whey, and you will find some stuff if you chase up Immunocal, a Canadian made whey used by Cheney in his small trial years ago, which reported modest success. You could also look up www.aor.ca , the website of a research oriented Canadian supplement company (I think their stuff is widely sold in the US--I am Canadian!), and check out the "research" and "abstract" tabs on their postings for "lactoferrin," and especially "Immune Ultra," a very expensive whey they produce with a very high lactoferrin content--nearly 15%. They also make lactoferrin as a stand alone supplement. I have been using the whey for a while, and think it is helping a bit-but no quick recovery! Best wishes, Chris