• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Klinghardt Protocol

LaurelB

I just got an email from my doctor's office mentioning the possibility of trying the Klinghardt protocol with me... does anyone know what this entails? I wasn't able to find much online other than some supplements I'm already taking... but I'm not ble to spend much time online right now, so my search wasn't very thorough. :)

Has anyone tried this protocol with any success? Much thanks!

m1she11e

Hi Laurel

I have always thought that if I could go to ANYONE it would be Dr. Klinghardt. He is very expensive! That is why I have not gone to him.

One of the people in "under our skin" chose to go to him for her Lyme instead of the antibiotic route. She recovered. He is not into antibiotics for Lyme. He uses neural therapy, ozonated oils (those are very interesting, infact I am going to be trying some soon), and a whole lot of other interesting techniques that others arent doing.

I will try to look up more info and send it to you. When I saw this post I just had to respond. Your video testimony really touched me and I am so glad that you are going to have this opportunity!

Good luck to you!

Michelle

mojoey

Dr. Bigelsen's son

had this to say about Klinghardt. "He used to get it. Now he's gotten away from the root of illness." I think he speaks for the way I've felt about Klinghardt for awhile now. He is so incredibly knowledgeable, but his 7-layered paradigm has gotten more complex and proportionally more expensive with time.

mojoey

Also

His protocol is very much geared toward lyme and not CFS. My ND in San Diego worked with Klinghardt for several years and says they never treated a case like mine. Well I happen to have a pretty classic case of CFS, so that's saying a lot.

Dreambirdie

work in progress
Mms?

MMS is on his protocol, and that is questionable stuff. I bought a bottle last year and used it a number of times just to rinse my mouth with. (It was supposed to help with dental issues... in what way I can't remember now.) But when I saw that it was actually EATING AWAY the chrome on the sink drain, I chucked it out. :eek: No way was I going to swallow something that was a corrosive.

LaurelB

Thanks to all who replied! I had not realized Dr. Klinghardt was one of the doctors in the Under Our Skin documentary. I saw that documentary and remember the patient who went to Seattle for treatment. She definitely seemed to be doing better, so I'll take that as a good sign. :)

I am not sure what aspect of the protocol my doctor is interested in. I should know more when I see him (my doctor; not doctor Klinghardt himself) in a couple weeks. I have a feeling MMS is involved though, as they are having me do a test called Krypto-Pyrrol to see if I extrete more vitamins/minerals than I should. I've done vitamin/mineral replacement for years though (including IV's) to no avail. But we'll see. :) A bit concerning on the chrome thing, dreambirdie -- thanks for letting me know. I may test it out on my sink first. ;)

Thanks for the info!

R**

Klinghardt does not just focus on lyme. He has expanded his perspective beyond lyme though the autistic community. Here is some info from Dr. Amy Derkson that I think incorporates many of Dr. Klinghardt's views. It is autism focused, but there are so many similarities between autism and chronic lyme and cfs (from my knowledge) that I think at least some of this is relevent to some of us.

http://www.klinghardtneurobiology.com/AmyDerksenART3presentation.pdf

He is not into addressing the methylation cycle so much as Dr. Yasko. He is more into adjusting the terrain and seems to now be spending much time preparing the body for KPU and cleaning up the circulating toxins. I personally know I have circulating metals through two urine metal tests and know this is an issue. I like his approach to this. He explains it much here:

http://www.viddler.com/explore/THRiiiVE/videos/219/ (part 1)

http://www.viddler.com/explore/THRiiiVE/videos/220/ (part 2)

http://www.viddler.com/explore/THRiiiVE/videos/221/ (part 3)

http://www.viddler.com/explore/THRiiiVE/videos/222/ (part 4)

http://www.viddler.com/explore/THRiiiVE/videos/223/ (part 5)

Robin

Michael Dessin

Dr k

The man knows alot!! He can work wonders with all sorts of patients. However he has become very commercialized, capitalizing on the American dream so to say. I guess there is nothing wrong with that.

Instead of very good hands-on treatment by Dr K himself, there is somewhat of a cookie cutter approach in his system now.

I think if your lucky enough to get treated by him directly, go for it! If not, I would be somewhat cautious.

Mike :)

Wayne

MMS --- CFSAC Video Testimony

I have a feeling MMS is involved though, as they are having me do a test called Krypto-Pyrrol to see if I extrete more vitamins/minerals than I should.

A bit concerning on the chrome thing, dreambirdie -- thanks for letting me know. I may test it out on my sink first. ;)

Thanks for the info!

Hi LaurelB,

Just thought I'd mention that I started experimenting with MMS about 1 1/2 years ago. I had been in a severe down cycle of many months duration, with especially difficult neurological symptoms and was feeling a bit desperate at the time.

When I started, I quickly realized that even one drop was way too much, but I experimented with lower doses until I found one that might work. This eventually turned out to be 1/3 drop every other day. (I'm mentioning that as a precautionary note in case you do try MMS).

My health steadily improved over the next few months as I slowly and gradually increased my dosages up to about 6-8 drops per day. After a while, I began to feel a little uncomfortable taking this much, and decided to not do it for a few months.

When I started again a few months ago, I again started noticing improvement right away. I currently take about 3 drops/day, and feel that it is helping me "hold my own". I'm still a bit hesitant about taking higher dosages, but I feel it is an important therapy for me. I suspect it is helping reduce Lyme associated bacteria along with other factors. I posted a quite a bit about my MMS experience on a ProHealth thread in case you're interested. It's at: http://www.prohealth.com/me-cfs/blog/boardDetail.cfm?id=1279713

BTW, great video presentation that you sent to the CFSAC. I thought you did really well in giving them a good "glimpse" of what you and many of us are dealing with. I really appreciate your efforts in doing this. For anybody who would be interested, Laurel's video is accessible at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvweCk44WHs

Kind Regards, Wayne

LaurelB

Thanks, Wayne... that is very helpful and encouraging to know! I will most definitely start off very slow then given my current state. :) Thanks for the link to your discussion on prohealth as well.. I will definitely check it out (and may have more questions after I do. :)) Really appreciate it, as it's been hard for me to find much info on the product outside of advertisements. :)

Thanks for posting the link to my video too -- very kind of you!

Best wishes,
Laurel

dannybex

Hi Laurel

I would humbly suggest Dr. David Buscher M.D. He's basically in almost the same neighborhood out here in the greater Bellevue/Redmond/Seattle area, but he charges 1/10th the price of Klinghardt.

He also has a good track record. One of our former support group members was a patient of his. She was bedridden for 2 years, housebound for 7, and ill for 16 years, but is now healthy and back at school. Even he was surprised she recovered because her case was so bad.

(She did try many other docs before Buscher, and also did a lot of other things too, but credits him -- and the help and support of her friends and family, and strict adherence and hard work on her part -- for the major part of her recovery.)

Hope this helps,

Dan

p.s. I hope it's okay...but I also uploaded your video to my blog. It's fantastic...hope you don't mind.

Buscher

Dan:

What type of treatments did that patient receive from Buscher that helped her recover? Do you know?

Tahoma

dannybex

Hi Tahoma...

There were many different issues in her case...not sure if I can remember all of them, but it started out with high levels of EBV, plus she had extreme reactions to mold and other environmental issues, many delayed food allergies -- her gut was really messed up, plus problems with her pituitary and thyroid glands (not sure if this was caused by the environmental exposures).

So all of those things had to be dealt with over time, and basically was forced to learn how important pacing and resting was, because like I said, she was bedridden for 2 years. Her "exercise" during that time consisted of just taking slow, deep breaths...

Before the XMRV thing hit the news, I talked to Cort about interviewing Dr. Buscher. He said he'd be interested, so perhaps in the next couple of months that will happen, but I know Cort is extremely busy now.

I'll try to email Buscher and see if he'd give me permission to post his thoughts on the new discovery.

Hope you're doing better...gaining some weight? I'm back down a bit...very frustrating...like sitting on bones.

d.

LaurelB

I would humbly suggest Dr. David Buscher M.D. He's basically in almost the same neighborhood out here in the greater Bellevue/Redmond/Seattle area, but he charges 1/10th the price of Klinghardt.

Thanks, Dan. I am actually in Tucson and unable to travel at all... my local doctor actually has to come to my house for appt's. :) So I will have to do the Klinghardt protocol (or whatever aspect of it he's interested in trying with me) through him. But it's always good to know other doctors out there who have had some success, and with reasonable charges. I'm sure those in the Seattle area will be very interested in checking that doctor out. :)

p.s. I hope it's okay...but I also uploaded your video to my blog. It's fantastic...hope you don't mind.

Thank you! And no, I definitely don't mind! I'm flattered that anyone would like to repost, and that it's touched as many people as it has. Means a lot to me! :) I didn't know you had a blog... can I ask what the blog address is? I was unable to find it.

Take care! Off to rest. :)