• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

KLIMAS on Radio This Weekend

shannah

From PANDORA's Latest Newsletter:

On Sept. 15, Ron St. John, one of South Florida's most respected and well-known radio celebrities, interviewed Dr. Nancy Klimas, member of the P.A.N.D.O.R.A. medical advisory board; Dr. Kenneth Friedman, P.A.N.D.O.R.A.'s Public Policy Director; and Marly Silverman, founder of P.A.N.D.O.R.A., for the LiteFM community radio show (South Florida Spotlite).

Of course, one of the main topics was the recent news about a family of murine leukemia viruses found in ME-CFS patients and some blood donors. Additionally, we took this opportunity to tell what Congress needs to change about the government's approach to this seriously-debilitating illness. If you listen to the program, you will also hear our latest progress in creating the NeuroEndocrineImmune Center.

Listen through the radio:
The interview will be on the air this Sunday, Sept. 19, at 11:00 p.m., U.S. Eastern Standard Time on South Florida radio stations 101.5 FM and 102.7 FM.

Listen to it live through the Internet (US residents only)
US residents can listen to it live on Sept. 19 at 11 p.m. EST. Go here.

http://den-a.plr.liquidcompass.net/player/flash/audio_player.php?id=WLYFFM&uid=26

If you live overseas you are not going to be able to listen to the show live due to some copyrights issues. It is only streamed in the U.S.

Listen to it Later
An audio link of the interview will then be posted on the LiteFM (101.5) website. To listen later, go here.

http://www.litemiami.com/spotlite/index.aspx

You might be able to listen to the show by going here after it is broadcasted.

http://www.litemiami.com/spotlite/index.aspx

We will remind you again where you can listen to the show after it is broadcasted.

They will send us an audio DVD of the show for us to share with our community.

Quilp

Thanks Shannah, I am not sure why she wasn't at the XMRV workshop. Always interested in what she has to say.

Kind regards, mark

sensing progress

Thanks Shannah, I am not sure why she wasn't at the XMRV workshop. Always interested in what she has to say.

Kind regards, mark

I thought she was at the XMRV workshop? Mindy Kitei mentions chatting with her there briefly... http://www.cfscentral.com/2010/09/xmrv-conference-day-1.html

Anyway, thanks for the info shannah. Please do let us know when the segment is available to listen/download on the site, thanks!

shannah

The notice states that the program will only be available in the US to listen to it when played on Sunday night - but I seem to have no problem listening to the music they play when I click on the link and I'm up in Canada. Not sure I'll be up that late though - school night for my kiddie.

I'm part of the Klimas fan club too and am always interested in what she says. She's been kinda quiet lately so will be good to hear her recent thoughts.

Hope123

I'm pretty sure Dr. Klimas was there -- she told me personally last month she was planning to go to the conference. However, she wasn't presenting or she might not have been asking questions at the broadcasted Q and A.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Did anyone hear the broadcast? Anything new?

I've got a huge amount of respect for Dr Klimas - always interesting to hear what she makes of the latest research!

for those of us overseas would anyone be willing or able to capture the interview in writing and post here? thanks so much.

Dolphin

for those of us overseas would anyone be willing or able to capture the interview in writing and post here? thanks so much.
I'm overseas and could hear it (well only listened to start as had no time at that stage or since).